Junk! Boy Boys-Love Manga Magazine Ends Publication
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official Twitter account of the editorial department of Libre Publishing Co., Ltd.'s Junk! Boy boys-love magazine announced on Wednesday that the magazine will end publication on November 30, with the Winter Break issue releasing on the same day serving as the magazine's last issue.
The account also noted that the magazine still contained many unfinished serialized manga, and that these manga would either continue serialization in other Libre Publishing Co., Ltd. magazines, or will be integrated into new magazines that the publisher is planning.
Currently, the magazine is serializing the following manga:
- Saeko Kamon's Mizugi Kareshi. ~Paizuri~
- Yōko Toriumi and Kaoru Iwamoto's Yokujō
- Haruka Minami's Aisaretatte Nugimasen
- Neko Kanda's Nikushoku Jū no Meshiagari kata
- Atsushi Suzukura's Akakute, Amai
- Midori Sakujitsu's Ishi ga Korogara Kimi ga Warau
- Chiyoko Nonomiya's Ore-sama Dere Ki
- Janome's Otona Sugiru My Lover
- Fumi Tomoe's Hakkō Seinen
- Kasui's Shinitagari My Honey
- Sei Takemura's Charao-kun to Baraguroku-kun no Himitsu
- Kubota's Misaki-kun to Naka no Hito
- Temari Matsumoto and Maguro Wasabi's Koi Doll
- Kyō Kitazawa's Megane no Kimi ga Suki!
- Michiru Kashigaya's Wasureta Natsu made Ai ni Iku
- Yonezō Nekota, Shikago, Tsugumi Nanjō, Kō Fujisaki, Fumi Furukawa, and Mejiro Haisaki's Soku Ochi Tokushū
Libre Publishing Co., Ltd. (formerly Biblos) launched the magazine in December 2007 as a spinoff of its Magazine Be-Boy boys love magazine. Libre Publishing published three issues each year for winter break, spring break, and summer break.
In 2010, the Osaka Prefectural Government designated the magazine as one of many in its "harmful publications" list, which legally prohibited the publications from being bought or read by anyone younger than 18 years old.