Boku Dake ga Inai Machi Anime Casts Shinnosuke Mitsushima, Tao Tsuchiya
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the anime adaptation of Kei Sanbe's Boku dake ga Inai Machi (The Town Where Only I Am Missing) manga announced the anime's cast on Thursday. Shinnosuke Mitsushima (pictured below, right) will voice the 29-year old protagonist Satoru Fujinuma, while Tao Tsuchiya (left) will voice the same character at 10 years old.
The rest of the cast includes:
- Aoi Yūki as Kayo Hinazuki
- Chinatsu Akasaki as Airi Katagiri
- Yō Taichi as Kenya
- Akari Kitō as Hiromi
- Ayaka Nanase as Osamu
- Yukitoshi Kikuchi as Kazu
- Takahiro Mizushima as Jun Shiratori
- Minami Takayama as Sachiko Fujinuma
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Manabu Yatsushiro
The website previously streamed the second commercial for the anime series.
Tomohiko Ito (Sword Art Online, Silver Spoon) is directing the series and Taku Kishimoto (Silver Spoon, Haikyu!!) is handling series composition at A-1 Pictures. Keigo Sasaki (The Seven Deadly Sins, Blue Exorcist) is designing the characters for the anime. Other staff members include:
- Prop Design: Masafumi Yokota
- Art Director: Masaru Satō
- Background Artist: Hiroyuki Hasegawa
- Color Design: Azusa Sasaki
- Director of Photography: Toshiaki Aoshima
- CG Director: Shinji Nasu
- Music: Yuki Kajiura
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
The manga's story follows Satoru, a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
Sanbe began the manga in 2012 and it is currently serialized in Kadokawa's Young Ace magazine. Kadokawa shipped the sixth compiled volume on July 4, and it will ship the seventh volume on December 22. The manga was nominated for the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize 'Reader Award' in 2014 and this year's Manga Taisho Awards.
Source: Comic Natalie