Crunchyroll to Stream BBK/BRNK TV Anime Series
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Media distribution service Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will stream the BBK/BRNK (Bubuki Buranki) TV anime series. Crunchyroll will stream the series on Saturdays starting on January 9 at 10:30 a.m. EST, and it will be available for members worldwide except in the following countries/areas: Asia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Australia, New Zealand, and Dutch-speaking territories.
The original anime series serves as SANZIGEN Animation Studio's 10th anniversary animation project. Crunchyroll describes the series as follows:
In the world of BBK/BRNK, It's been ten years since Azuma Kazuki has been in Japan, and upon his arrival he is taken prisoner by a group of armed men. Azuma is saved by his childhood friend, Kogane Asabuki, thanks to a living weapon she wields on her right hand, known as a Bubuki. Learning about these weapons, Azuma becomes a Bubuki wielder himself and sets out on a journey.
The cast includes:
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Azuma Kazuki
- Ari Ozawa as Kogane Asabuki
- Sōma Saitō as Hiiragi Nono
- Shizuka Ishigami as Kinoa Ōgi
- Mikako Komatsu as Shizuru Taneomi
- Megumi Han as Banryū Reoko
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Shūsaku Matobai
- Yōko Hikasa as Zetsubi Hazama
- Subaru Kimura as Munenari Shinsō
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Akihito Tsuwa
Daizen Komatsuda (Evangelion 1.0, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya key animation) will make his directorial debut with the series. Jirō Ishii (CANAAN, Under the Dog, Monster Strike) and Yukinori Kitajima (Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash!, Hamatora, Brynhildr in the Darkness) will be in charge of the scripts. Yuusuke Kozaki (Speed Grapher, Donyatsu, Fire Emblem: Awakening) is designing the characters. Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Breath of Fire series, Devil May Cry 4) is credited for "Buranki Design." Masaru Yokoyama (The Rolling Girls, Your Lie in April, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is composing the music. Quadrangle is credited with the original work.
The additional staff includes:
- Bubuki Design - Asagiri
- Mechanical design - Takeshi Takakura
- Prop design - Yoshinori Iwanaga
- Sub-Character Design - Tomomi Ozaki
- Visual Design - Tomoyuki Arima, Takuya Sejima
- CG Supervisor - Daisuke Suzuki
Konomi Suzuki is performing the opening theme "Beat your Heart," and MYTH&ROID is performing the ending theme "Anger/Anger."
The series is premiering in Japan on TV Tokyo on January 9 at 10:00 p.m.