Girls & Panzer Film's BD/DVD Release Previewed in Ad
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Bandai Visual began streaming a commercial on Thursday for the Blu-ray and DVD home video release of the Girls und Panzer film. The commercial indicates the included features in the home video release while showing footage from the film.
Both the Blu-ray Disc and DVD releases will ship with a new OVA that will take place after the events of the movie, as well as an episode of the "Akiyama Yukari no Sensha Kōza" (Yukari Akiyama's Tank Lecture) shorts, whose previous episodes were included in the television anime's home video volumes. Other features include:
- CD of the "Boko no Uta" song, performed by Miho Nishizumi (Mai Fuchigami) and Arisu Shimada (Ayana Taketatsu)
- Promotional videos and commercials for the film
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Premiere night event footage
- Greeting event footage
- Ooarai Anglerfish Festival 2015 footage
- Cast commentary track
- Staff commentary track (including director Tsutomu Mizushima)
- Military commentary track (including military history advisers Takaaki Suzuki, Isaku Okabe, and Kiyoshi Sugiyama)
- 20-page correction sheet collection by character designer Isao Sugimoto
- 80-page special booklet
- Bandai Visual+ serial code
- Download code for Girls & Panzer: Sensha-dō Daisakusen! smartphone game
The release will include the film's audio in both DTS Headphone:X and standard 5.1 surround. Original character designer Humikane Shimada will provide the illustration for both the box packaging and the movie's disc case, while animation character designer Isao Sugimoto will provide the illustration for the special video content disc case.
The Girls und Panzer anime film opened in Japan last November, and eventually grossed over 1.1 billion yen (about US$9.65 million). The film ranked #38 in the top 39 highest grossing Japanese domestic films of 2015 (tied with Grasshopper). The film began screening in 4DX starting on February 20, and it jumped back to #8 in the Japanese box office on the same weekend.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history