2 More Live-Action Erased Film's Behind-the-Scenes Videos Streamed
posted on by Sarah Nelkin
The Japanese manga and anime news website Comic Natalie began streaming a new behind-the-scenes video for the live-action film of Kei Sanbe's Boku dake ga Inai Machi (The Town Where Only I Am Missing) manga on Wednesday.
In the video, Kayo actress Rio Suzuki comments on how director Yūichirō Hirakawa (Rookies: Graduation) is a kind person off the set, but how his personality completely changes when he is directing. While directing Suzuki, Hirakawa says that whether the character turns out to be a good one or a bad one is all up to Suzuki's acting.
The manga's story follows Satoru, a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
The film's cast includes:
- Tatsuya Fujiwara (live-action Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin) as the protagonist Satoru Fujinuma.
- Kasumi Arimura (When Marnie Was There, live-action Strobe Edge) as Airi Katagiri, Satoru's part-time job coworker.
- Yuriko Ishida (Princess Mononoke, From Up On Poppy Hill) as Satoru's mother.
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa (Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Movie, live-action Nodame Cantabile) as Satoru's elementary school teacher.
- Rio Suzuki as Kayo Hinazuki
- Tsubasa Nakagawa as elementary school age Satoru
- Tetta Sugimoto
- Kento Hayashi
- Seiji Fukushi
- Kanna Mori
Hirakawa is directing the film off scripts by Noriko Gotō. The film is slated to open in Japan on March 19.
An anime adaptation (titled ERASED in the West) premiered on January 7 on Fuji TV's Noitamina block. Crunchyroll and Funimation are streaming the series as it airs in Japan. The anime will depict the manga's ending.
Source: Comic Natalie