Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's Trailer Previews Kento Hayashi as Aigami
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The film will feature the following returning cast and characters:
- Shunsuke Kazama as Yūgi Mutō
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Seto Kaiba
- Hidehiro Kikuchi as Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
- Hiroki Takahashi as Katsuya Jōnōchi (Joey Wheeler)
- Junko Takeuchi as Mokuba Kaiba
- Maki Saitou as Anzu Masaki (Téa Gardener)
- Rica Matsumoto as Ryō Bakura
- Actor Kento Hayashi in his first voice acting role as Aigami, a mysterious boy who appeared before Yūgi and the others as they went about their usual daily life.
- Kana Hanazawa as Sera, a mysterious girl who accompanies Hayashi's character Aigami
- Satoshi Hino as Mani, who travels with Aigami to perform their mission.
- Kendo Kobayashi as Kudaragi
- Jungle Pocket as minions of the Kudaragi Group
The film has sold the highest number of pre-sale tickets of any Toei film. Those who see the film during different weeks will receive specific cards, such as the Lemon Magician Girl card, among others.
Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine previously teased the film's story, which takes place six months after the end of the manga:
In the past Yūgi Yami and Kaiba have clashed many times!! Yami Yūgi, who resides in Yūgi Mutō's body, and Kaiba will have a duel that bets their prides and accepts each other's mutual experience.
Yu-Gi-Oh! manga creator Kazuki Takahashi is in charge of the film's script and character designs, and is also serving as chief production supervisor. Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II) is directing the film. The film will open on April 23 in Japan, and in late 2016 outside of Japan.
Embedded video via Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web
Source: Comic Natalie