Sailor Moon Crystal 3rd Season's 1st Trailer Streamed
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The Twitter account posted the trailer to celebrate the birthday of character MICHIRU Kaiō (Sailor Neptune). The show's staff had screened the first episode at an event in Tokyo on Sunday.
The third season will premiere in April and will air on Tokyo MX1 on Mondays at 11:00 p.m.
The third season will feature new staff. Chiaki Kon (Nodame Cantabile: Paris, Junjō Romantica, Golden Time) will take over from Munehisa Sakai in directing the anime. Akira Takahashi (Dokidoki! Precure, Suite Precure character design, Sailor Moon Crystal episode animation director) will take over from Yukie Sakō in drawing the character designs. Yūji Kobayashi is still in charge of the series' scripts. Takashi Kurahashi is returning as art director, and Yasuharu Takanashi is returning to compose the music. King Records will once again produce the music, and Toei Animation will again animate the series.
The third season will focus on the Death Busters arc (also called the Infinity arc), adapting the arc from the fifth and sixth volumes of the complete edition of Naoko Takeuchi's original Sailor Moon manga.
- Hisako Kanemoto as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Rina Satou as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Ami Koshimizu as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Shizuka Itou as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- Ryou Hirohashi as Luna
- Kenji Nojima as Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba
New cast members include:
- Junko Minagawa as Haruka Tenou/Sailor Uranus
- Sayaka Ohara as MICHIRU Kaioh/Sailor Neptune
- Yukiyo Fujii as Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn
- Hikari Yono as Kaolinite
- Takuya Kirimoto as Professor Tomoe
- Takaya Hashi as Pharaoh 90
- Yuki Nagaku as Mimete
- Chiaki Takahashi as Eudial
- Rina Hon'izumi as Viluy
- Naomi Ōzora as Tellu
- Umeka Shouji as Cyprine
Crunchyroll, Niconico, Hulu, and other services streamed the first two Sailor Moon Crystal seasons overseas as they debuted online in Japan. Viz Media licensed both seasons for release in North America.
Update: Replaced Twitter video with YouTube video.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history