One Piece Film Gold's 2nd Teaser Trailer Reveals Akainu Appearance (Updated)
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The official website for this year's One Piece Film Gold anime movie began streaming the film's second teaser trailer on Friday. The trailer reveals that Akainu (Sakazuki) will make an appearance in the film.
Tesoro: Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the world's largest entertainment city, Gran Tesoro!
Text: Executive Producer: Eiichiro Oda / Director: Hiroaki Miyamoto / Script: Tsutomu Kuroiwa
Text: Gold Emperor: Gild Tesoro
Tesoro: Once again tonight, fools with money signs in their eyes will come to this ship in hopes getting rich quick.
Tesoro: This is an independent nation officially recognized by the government.
Text: An absolute sanctuary that not even the World Government can touch.
Tesoro: Now, everyone, please enjoy the moment when dreams and hope turn into despair to your heart's content. For that is the ultimate entertainment.
Text: The New World's "monsters" begin to move.
Crowd: Kill them!
Tesoro: Isn't this the greatest stage? What will you do, Straw Hat?
Luffy: I'm gonna beat you up!
The film's new characters are (from left to right):
- Gild Tesoro, a casino king who controls the huge golden ship Gran Tesoro. He is a devil fruit user who ate the "Gol Gol fruit." He is an extremely rich man who is said to possess 20% of the monetary "Beli" that exist in the world.
- Carina, a very popular songstress with a beautiful voice. She is surrounded in mystery.
- Dice, a dealer on Gran Tesoro. He is a large-bodied man clad in muscles who offers his audience the highest level of game. He also has a special ability.
- Baccarat, a devil fruit user who ate the "lucky lucky" fruit. When she touches someone, their luck changes. She is a mysterious and elegant woman who acts as an escort for the Straw Hat pirates. She is the concierge of the Gran Tesoro
- Mr. Tanaka, a devil fruit user who ate the "nuke nuke" fruit. With his secretive devil fruit powers he is in charge of Gran Tesoro interior security.
Original manga creator Eiichiro Oda is serving as the film's executive producer as well as being credited with the original work. Oda also served as the executive producer for the previous film in the franchise, One Piece Film Z. Additionally, Oda also designed the various new costumes for the Straw Hat crew for the film, drew the rough drafts for the new characters, and also drew the film's first visual (pictured at right).
Hiroaki Miyamoto (One Piece episodes 352-679, assistant director for One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is directing the film, and Tsutomu Kuroiwa (live-action Black Butler film, live-action Liar Game: The Final Stage film, live-action The Perfect Insider TV series) is writing the script.
Those who pre-order tickets for the film starting on Saturday will get a calendar (pictured below) featuring Oda's designs for the film. The calendar is limited to 50,000 units.
One Piece Film Gold will open in Japan on July 23.
Update: English transcription added for video.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history