News Super Lovers Boys-Love TV Anime's Ad Previews Opening Song
posted on 2016-03-29 12:00 EDT
The official website of the television anime of Miyuki Abe's boys-love manga Super Lovers began streaming a commercial on Tuesday. The commercial previews the anime's opening theme "Okaeri." (Welcome Home.) by Yūsuke Yata.
All: Super Lovers, starts airing in April!
Text: The long-awaited TV anime of the hit manga by Miyuki Abe!
Ren: Haru, what's wrong?
Haru: It's just that as a big brother, I'm worried about your cuteness being out in the world even more than it already is, Ren!!
Ren: Shut up, pervert.
The manga's story begins with a high school boy named Haru and his mother living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another.
The television anime series will premiere on AT-X on April 6 at 11:30 p.m. before airing on Tokyo MX on April 7 at 1:35 a.m. The series will also air on Sun TV, BS11, Chiba TV, tvk, Mie TV, TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting, Gifu Broadcasting, and TV Saitama. The anime will have 10 episodes, with each episode being 30 minutes long.
A limited edition of the manga's 10th volume will include a "premium anime DVD." The anime DVD will have one episode that is about 20 minutes long. The 10th volume will ship on January 1, 2017.
The show's full cast includes:
- Junko Minagawa as Ren Kaidō, the youngest brother
- Tomoaki Maeno as Haru Kaidō, the oldest brother
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Aki Kaidō, the older of the twin brothers
- Takuma Terashima as Shima Kaidō, the younger of the twin brothers
- Ayumu Murase as Ikuyoshi Sasaki, Haru's co-worker when he was a host
- Jun Fukushima as Jūzen Kurosaki, Ren's classmate and friend
- Atsuko Tanaka as Haruko D. (Daniella) Dieckmann, Haru's mother and Ren's foster mother
- Yoko Soumi as Mikiko Kashiwagi, a lawyer who's friends with Haruko
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Kiri Kondō, Ren's friend
- Mitsuki Saiga as Kiyoka, Haru's classmate and co-manager at the café and bar
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Shirō Takamura, the nurse at Ren's school
Shinji Ishihira (Fairy Tail, Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie, Log Horizon) is helming the TV anime at Studio Deen. Yoshiko Nakamura (Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Hakuōki, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) is supervising the series scripts. Miki Takihara (Squid Girl, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Yurikuma Arashi) is designing the characters, and Nippon Columbia is producing the music. The voice actor unit Kaidō 4 Kyōdai (Kaidō 4 Brothers) is performing the ending theme song "Happiness YOU&ME." The unit is made up of the voice actors for Ren, Haru, Aki, and Shima.