News Skip Beat! Dub Casts Kyle McCarley, Todd Haberkorn, Bryce Papenbrook
posted on 2016-04-16 08:06 EDT by Jennifer Sherman
Cristina Vee announced on Thursday the cast who will play the Ishibashi brothers for Pied Piper, Inc.'s Kickstarter campaign to fund an English dub of the Skip Beat! television anime series. Kyle McCarley (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans' Mikazuki, Aldnoah.Zero's Kisaki) will play Hikaru Ishibashi (pictured right), Todd Haberkorn (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club's Haruka, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's Ling) will play Shinichi Ishibashi, and Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan's Eren, Durarara!!'s Masaomi) will play Yuusei Ishibashi.
The campaign also added a new US$80 tier on Friday that will include three 50GB Blu-ray Discs in an Amaray case. The tier also includes the special thank you message, Official Backer Badge download, weekly updates, name on the Backer Wall, wallpaper download, and exclusive monthly videos available in the US$15 tier.
The Kickstarter campaign had set an initial goal of US$155,000 to fund a DVD release. The campaign reached its US$185,000 stretch goal on Thursday to offer a Blu-ray Disc release in addition to the DVD release. As of press time, the campaign has raised US$219,790. The campaign will end on Saturday, April 16.
The previously announced English cast members are:
- Christine Marie Cabanos (K-ON!'s Azusa Nakano, Puella Magi Madoka Magica's Madoka Kaname, Kill la Kill's Mako) as Mimori Nanokura,
- Caitlin Glass (Ouran High School Host Club's Haruhi, Fullmetal Alchemist's Winry, new Escaflowne dub's Hitomi) as Kyoko Mogami,
- Cristina Vee (Blazblue's Noel Vermillion, K-ON!'s Mio Akiyama, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal's Sailor Mars) as Erika Koenji
- Mela Lee (Blazblue's Rachel, Fate/stay night's Rin, Durarara!!'s Erika) as Maria Takarada
- Richard Epcar (Durarara!! ×2's Sloan, Lupin the Third's Daisuke Jigen) as Lory Takarada
- Vic Mignogna (Dragon Ball Z's Broly, Ouran High School Host Club's Tamaki) as Yukihito Yashiro
- Robbie Daymond (Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask, The Seven Deadly Sins' Gilthunder) as Ren Tsuruga
- Grant George (Fate/Zero's Lancer, Kill la Kill's Uzu Sanageyama) as Sho Fuwa
- Erica Lindbeck (Coppelion's Ibara Naruse, Magi's Gyokuen Ren) as Kanae Kotonami (Moko)
Vee, Lee, and Jason C. Miller will produce the English dub. Deborah Crane (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal, Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor) will handle the ADR scripts. Taliesin Jaffe will serve as the project's supervising director.
Pied Piper had originally launched an Indiegogo campaign for the franchise on March 1, but then relaunched the campaign on Kickstarter on March 17. The Indiegogo campaign had a goal of US$210,000, including a Blu-ray Disc release. The Kickstarter campaign's base goal no longer includes a Blu-ray Disc release.
Pied Piper acquired the license from TV Tokyo, and TV Tokyo is requiring the English dub as a condition of release. The company will not be able to release the series on a subtitle-only format. The license covers the United States and Canada only.
The television version of Yoshiki Nakamura's Skip Beat! shōjo manga premiered in Japan in October 2008. The series is available streaming on Crunchyroll. Viz Media publishes the original manga in North America.
Thanks to ravegrl for the news tip.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history