Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film Story Details Unveiled
posted on by Sarah Nelkin
This year's June issue of Shueisha's V-Jump magazine revealed a story teaser for the upcoming anime film Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions on Thursday. The magazine reads:
For the sake of his motives, Aigami spies on Yugi and his friends as they live their everyday lives. However, after coming in contact with Kaiba, and because their goals conflict, they begin a duel. To combat Kaiba, a skilled and powerful duelist, Aigami employs frightening tactics...!
The magazine also features the quotes, "Kaiba and Aigami, who seek to obtain the Millennium Puzzle, finally duel!," "The duel field turns into dimensional terrain through Aigami's power!," and "Kaiba's monsters become powerless...!"
The Japanese version of the film will feature the following returning cast and characters:
- Shunsuke Kazama as Yūgi Mutō
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Seto Kaiba
- Hidehiro Kikuchi as Hiroto Honda (Tristan Taylor)
- Hiroki Takahashi as Katsuya Jōnōchi (Joey Wheeler)
- Junko Takeuchi as Mokuba Kaiba
- Maki Saitou as Anzu Masaki (Téa Gardener)
- Rica Matsumoto as Ryō Bakura
- Actor Kento Hayashi in his first voice acting role as Aigami, a mysterious boy who appeared before Yūgi and the others as they went about their usual daily life.
- Kana Hanazawa as Sera, a mysterious girl who accompanies Hayashi's character Aigami
- Satoshi Hino as Mani, who travels with Aigami to perform their mission.
- Kendo Kobayashi as Kudaragi
- Jungle Pocket as minions of the Kudaragi Group
Satoshi Kuwabara (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II) is directing the film, which opens in Japan on April 23 and outside of Japan in early 2017.