MAGES' 'B-Project' TV Anime Reveals Key Visual, More Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of of B-Project: Kodō Ambitious — the television anime of MAGES' fictional male idol project featuring character designs by Devils and Realist creator Utako Yukihiro — revealed more cast and characters as well as a new key visual on Sunday.
The new characters and cast members are:
- Hisako Kanemoto as Tsubasa Sumisora, the protagonist who is a new hire in the A&R department of Gandala Music. She is cheerful and positive, and she does everything honestly and with all her might.
- Kousuke Toriumi as Sakutaro Yashamaru, a company director at Gandala Music and Tsubasa's boss.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Atsushi Daikoku, he is the president of the public entertainment office Daikoku Production, which represents Kitakore and MooNs.
- Daisuke Namikawa as Shuji Daikoku, he is the president of the public entertainment office Brave Entertainment, which represents THRIVE. He is also Atsushi's younger brother.
The anime premiere in July on Tokyo MX, ABC Asahi Broadcasting, CBC, Gunma TV, Tochigi TV, and BS11.
T.M. Revolution (Soul Eater, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed theme songs) is serving as the executive producer on the series, and composer/writer Chiyomaru Shikura (Robotics;Notes) is credited with planning and the original work. Utako Yukihiro is credited with the original illustrations. Eiji Suganuma (Karneval, Sasameki Koto) is directing the series at A-1 Pictures, and Deko Akao (Noragami, Snow White with the Red Hair) and MAGES. are overseeing the series scripts. Toshie Kawamura (Karneval, The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc) is adapting the character designs for animation and serving as chief animation director, Masato Nakayama (My Little Monster, You and Me.) is composing the music, and Team B-PRO is producing the series. Additional staff members include:
Assistant Director: You Satou
Art Director: Tomohiro Ono
Art Setting: Mika Nakajima
Color Key: Akiko Inoue
Director of Photography: Kenji Takahashi
Editing: Tomoki Nagasaka
Sound Director: Satoshi Yano
Additionally, "B-PROJECT" will perform the opening theme song "Kodō Ambitious," and Kitakore will perform the ending theme song "Hoshi to Tsuki no Sentence."
The show's cast are reprising their roles, and include:
Kitakore (from left to right):
- Daisuke Kishio as Ryūji Korekuni
- Daisuke Ono as Tomohisa Kitakado
THRIVE (from left to right):
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Gōshi Kaneshiro
- Natsuki Hanae as Yūta Ashū
- Kazuki Katou as Kento Aizome
MooNs (from left to right):
- Yuuto Uemura as Kazuna Masunaga
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Momotaro Onzai
- Showtaro Morikubo as Hikaru Osari
- Genki Okawa as Tatsuhiro Nome
- Toshiki Masuda as Mikado Sekimura
Each idol group has already launched a CD, and the project is also inspiring a game adaptation. T.M.Revolution is producing the overall project, and Shikura is the original creator in charge of project planning.
The anime's story follows Tsubasa, a new hire in the A&R department of the major recording company Gandala Music. Tsubasa is immediately assigned to oversee the idol unit "B-PROJECT," which is made up of three idol groups: Kitakore, THRIVE, and MooNs. This is Tsubasa's first job, and she gets involved in various incidents and accidents as she deals with this group of young men who each have their own differing personalities.
Images © MAGES./Team B-PRO