Blue Exorcist Stage Play Unveils New Visual, Additional Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of Ao no Exorcist: Kyōto Guren-hen (Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Crimson Chapter), the new stage play adaptation of Kazue Katō's Blue Exorcist manga, revealed a new visual and additional cast members for the play on Sunday.
The additional cast includes:
- Ikkei Yamamoto as Ryūji Suguro
- Kōji Saikawa as Renzō Shima
- Yūto Doi as Konekomaru Miwa
- Nozomi Maeda as Shiemi Moriyama
- Mami Katō as Izumo Kamiki
- Taiyō Ayukawa as Mephisto Pheles
- Hitomi Yasueda as Shura Kirigakure
- Asami Tano as Mamushi Hojo
- Kōhei Hayashida as Jūzō Shima
- Ryūnosuke Matsumura as Kinzō Shima
- Mitsuru Karahashi as Shirō Fujimoto
- Kōsen as Tatsuma Suguro
- Nozomu Masuzawa as Yaozō Shima
- Masaya Matsukaze as Saburōta Tōdō
They will join the previously revealed cast:
The play will adapt the Impure King Revival arc from volumes five to nine of the manga, which begins when the "Left Eye of the Impure King" is stolen from the academy. Yukio chases after the culprit, while Rin and the others look for the "Right Eye" that is sealed away in Kyoto.
The play will run for 11 performances at Tokyo's Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi from August 5 to 14. Advanced tickets went on sale on May 3, while general admission tickets will go on sale on June 18 for 7,800 yen (about US$73). Daisuke Nishida, who directed the Ao no Exorcist: Ao no Homura Kakusei-hen/Kyōto Fujō-Ō-hen stage play in 2014, will return to direct and write the script for the new play. Manga creator Kazue Katō is also helping with the script, and Office ENDLESS is producing the play.
[Via Comic Natalie]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history