News Blue Exorcist Stage Play Rehearsal Video Shows Fight Choreography
posted on 2016-06-03 06:45 EDT
Japanese entertainment news website Natalie began streaming a video on Friday for Ao no Exorcist: Kyōto Guren-hen (Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Crimson Chapter), the new stage play adaptation of Kazue Katō's Blue Exorcist manga. The video shows lead actors Ryō Kitamura and Shūto Miyazaki rehearsing their stage fighting.
The play's cast includes:
- Ikkei Yamamoto as Ryūji Suguro
- Kōji Saikawa as Renzō Shima
- Yūto Doi as Konekomaru Miwa
- Nozomi Maeda as Shiemi Moriyama
- Mami Katō as Izumo Kamiki
- Taiyō Ayukawa as Mephisto Pheles
- Hitomi Yasueda as Shura Kirigakure
- Asami Tano as Mamushi Hojo
- Kōhei Hayashida as Jūzō Shima
- Ryūnosuke Matsumura as Kinzō Shima
- Mitsuru Karahashi as Shirō Fujimoto
- Kōsen as Tatsuma Suguro
- Nozomu Masuzawa as Yaozō Shima
- Masaya Matsukaze as Saburōta Tōdō
The play will adapt the Impure King Revival arc from volumes five to nine of the manga, which begins when the "Left Eye of the Impure King" is stolen from the academy. Yukio chases after the culprit, while Rin and the others look for the "Right Eye" that is sealed away in Kyoto.
The play will run for 11 performances at Tokyo's Zepp Blue Theater Roppongi from August 5 to 14. Advanced tickets went on sale on May 3, while general admission tickets will go on sale on June 18 for 7,800 yen (about US$73). Daisuke Nishida, who directed the Ao no Exorcist: Ao no Homura Kakusei-hen/Kyōto Fujō-Ō-hen stage play in 2014, will return to direct and write the script for the new play. Manga creator Kazue Katō is also helping with the script, and Office ENDLESS is producing the play.
Source: Comic Natalie
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history