Persona 5 Debuts in Americas on February 14, 2017 on PS4/PS3
posted on by Egan Loo
Atlus announced on the PlayStation.Blog on Tuesday that it will release the Persona 5 role-playing game in the Americas on February 14, 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
Atlus also confirmed that it will offer a “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition exclusively on the PlayStation 4. The US$89.99 box will contain:
- Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
- 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves' cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
- 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
- SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
- School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
Atlus will also offer a US$59.99 SteelBook® Launch Edition for PlayStation 4 with the same SteelBook case as the other limited edition.
The PlayStation 3 version will cost US$49.99.
The latest entry in the Persona role-playing games will ship on September 15 in Japan. It features animation sequences from the Production I.G studio.
The announced television anime special, Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-, will air in September, before the game's launch. It will recount the prologue story of the young thief organization at the center of the game.
An orchestral concert will run on August 13. "Persona 20th Fes," a "immersive Persona cultural festival" in the style of high school festivals, will run at the Arts Chiyoda 3331 complex in Tokyo's Akihabara district in December to celebrate the franchise's 20th anniversary.