Force of Will Trading Card Game Gets Anime Film in 2018
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The Japanese anime news website Anime! Anime! reported on Monday that an anime film adaptation of the Force of Will trading card game has been green-lit, and it will open in 2018. Anime! Anime! adds that the film is the first installment in a bigger anime project. The film is titled Force of Will the Movie. Force of Will Inc. has also launched a website for the film.
Force of Will the Movie will be an omnibus film containing six different anime shorts telling different stories based on the concept of the trading card game. Each short will be approximately 15 minutes long. The works announced so far include:
- "Cthulu," a Cthulu mythology-based short by Possessions' Shuhei Morita and YamatoWorks, featuring character designs by Tatsuyuki Tanaka (Tojin Kit, Buki yo Saraba).
- "Monkey King," a Journey to the West-inspired short by director Yuichiro Hayashi (Garo the Animation, Garo: Divine Flame), character designer Hidetaka Tenjin (mechanical art for Macross Zero and Aquarion Evol, Macross Frontier) and Taiwanese animation studio TWR Entertainment.
- "Zombie," a zombie-themed short by director Shin'ya Sugai (CGI director for Gatchaman Crowds insight, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis), character designer Hidekazu Shimamura (Chaos;HEAd, Nodame Cantabile), and mechanical designer Takayuki Yanase (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, EUREKA SEVEN AO, Valvrave the Liberator) at studio Sublimation Inc.
- Unnammed short by director Veerapatra Jinanavin at RIFF Studio.
- Unnamed short by director and character designer Makiko Suzuki at GranSky Studios.
- Unnamed short by Kohta Morie.
Force of Will Inc. launched the trading card game in Japan in October 2012.
Source: Anime! Anime! (Arata Hanzōmon)