Pokémon Sun &Moon Games' New Pokémon Showcased in English Trailer
posted on by Karen Ressler
The official English Pokémon YouTube channel began streaming a video on Friday introducing the English names of the seven new pokémon the Japanese YouTube channel introduced on Thursday. The new pokémon will appear in the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Nintendo 3DS games. The video also showcases Zygarde's perfect form.
- Tapu Koko (Kapu Kokeko), an Electric/Fairy type
- Charjabug (Denchimushi), a Bug/Electric type that evoles from Grubbin
- Vikavolt (Kuwaganon) a Bug/Electric type that evolves from Charjabug
- Drampa (Jijiiron), a Normal/Dragon type
- Bruxish (Hagigishiri), a Water/Psychic type
- Cutiefly (Aburii), a Bug/Fairy type
- Togedemaru, an Electric/Steel type
The games will debut in Japan and North America on November 18, followed by Europe on November 23. The three Starter Pokémon (pictured below) are: the Grass-type Rowlet (Mokuroh in Japan), the Fire-type Litten (Nyabby), and the Water-type Popplio (Ashimari).
The games' new Legendary Pokémon include Solgaleo and Lunala (pictured below):
The games will be available on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide in Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Korean, and — unlike in the previous generation — Chinese (Traditional and Simplified). Players can choose their preferred language when they launch each game.
2016 marks the 20th anniversary of the Pokémon game franchise.