Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS Game's Trailer Shows Demon Negotiation
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Atlus USA began streaming a trailer for its Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final) Nintendo 3DS game on Wednesday. The trailer shows the game's Demon management mechanics, where players can negotiate with demons to gain them as allies, fight alongside them to level them up, and fuse them to form new demons.
In addition, Atlus USA detailed the DLC that will be available for the game, which range from items, movies, add-ons, and quests. The DLC options available on launch include:
- Item: Asahi/Nozomi Set (US$0.99)
- Item: Green Pompadour (US$0.99)
- Movie: Fall of Tokyo Promo Video (Free)
- Item: Earring Set (Free for a week, then US$0.49)
- Quest: A GodSlayer Needs Levels (US$2.99)
- Add-On: Ranking Program 1 (Free)
- Quest: A GodSlayer Needs Demons (US$1.99)
- Quest: A GodSlayer Needs Macca (US$2.99)
- Add-On: Ranking Program 2 (Free)
- Item: Chiro Mask (US$0.99)
- Item: Avatar's Hat (US$0.99)
- Quest: A GodSlayer Needs Apps (US$2.49)
- Item: Tokyo's Past Set (Free)
The DLC available on October 4 include:
- Add-On: Extra Difficulty Levels (Free)
- Quest: The Inverted Pyramid (US$1.99)
- Quest: A GodSlayer Needs Jewels (US$2.99)
- Add-On: Lore 1: Parallel Universes (Free)
- Quest: Explosive Epidemic in Mikado (US$1.99)
- Quest: A Trip to Hawaii (US$2.49)
- Add-On: Lore 2: "Observation" Explained (Free)
The DLC available on October 11 include:
- Quest: Depths of Twisted Tokyo (US$1.49)
- Quest: A GodSlayer needs Items (US$3.49)
- Add-On: Level Cap Unlock (Free)
- Quest: Messiahs in the Diamond Realm (US$3.99)
- Add-On: Lore 3: Tokyo and Mikado History (Free)
Atlus USA will release the game in the Americas on September 20. Atlus USA has not yet confirmed a release date for Europe, but noted that the European release will get both a physical and digital release.
The game launched in Japan on February 10. While the gameplay is similar to Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the world is the same, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse can be played without knowledge of the previous game. The story focuses on humans living in the remains of Tokyo, where the protagonist dies and is resurrected under the service of the god Dagda.
Kazuyuki Yamai produced the game with director Satoshi Ōyama. Masayuki Doi designed the characters, and Ryōta Kozuka was the sound composer. Kazuma Kaneko is credited the original worldview concept and series demon designs. All of these main staffers have worked on previous entries in the franchise.
Shin Megami Tensei IV shipped in Japan and North America in 2013 and in Europe in 2014.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history