Battery TV Anime's Teaser Video Previews anderlust's New Ending Song
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the television anime of Atsuko Asano's Battery baseball novels began streaming the show's third teaser video on Friday. The video previews anderlust's new ending theme song "Wakamono no Subete" (All the Young People).
anderlust also performed the anime's first ending theme song "Ashita, Haru ga Kitara" (If Spring Comes Tomorrow) and opening theme song "Itsuka no Jibun" (My Someday Self).
Nelke Planning is in charge of the "Last Inning" event that will be held on December 11. The cast will have a live performance of part of the script as well as a talk show event. anderlust and Kaito Ishikawa, voice of Keita Higashidani, will also appear.
The anime stars:
- Kouki Uchiyama (Nisekoi's Raku Ichijō) as Takumi Harada, a pitcher and the story's protagonist
- Tasuku Hatanaka (Ushio & Tora's Ushio) as Gō Nagakura, a catcher and the story's other protagonist
- Ayumu Murase as Keita Higashidani
- Kaito Ishikawa as Fumito Sawaguchi
- Yūi Fujimaki as Seiha Harada
- Yūki Ono as Shūgo Kadowaki
- Ryohei Kimura as Shunji Mizugaki
- Yuichiro Umehara as Kazuki Kaionji
- Shūta Morishima as Eiji Nobunishi
- Hozumi Gôda as Makoto Tomura
- Sōma Saitō as Nobuhiro Yoshisada
Tomomi Mochizuki (House of Five Leaves, Pupa) is both directing and scripting the upcoming anime adaptation at Zero-G (Hyper Speed GranDoll, Shadow Skill, MD Geist II - Death Force). Takako Shimura (Wandering Son, Sweet Blue Flowers original creator) is in charge of the original character designs, Hideoki Kusama (Sket Dance, Mononoke animation director) is adapting those designs for animation and is also serving as chief animation director, and Akira Senju (Valvrave the Liberator, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ) is composing the music.
Asano's novels revolve around Takumi Harada, a young man who moves to a mountain town in Okayama Prefecture during the spring break before he enters middle school due to his father's job transfer. Takumi is a pitcher, and after he moves he loses faith in his own talent, when suddenly his classmate Gō Nagakura appears in front of him. Gō has a strong desire to form a "battery" (a combination of a pitcher and catcher) with Takumi.
Update: Gō Nagakura's name corrected. Thanks, fencer_x.
Source: Comic Natalie
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history