Flip Flappers Anime's Promo Video Previews Opening Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The AniChan service streamed a promotional video for the Flip Flappers television anime series on Wednesday. The video shows the same footage as the earlier second promotional video, but previews the anime's opening theme song "Serendipity" by ZAQ.
The anime will premiere on October 6 at 9:00 p.m. on AT-X and at 10:00 p.m. on Tokyo MX. The series will also air on BS Fuji and Sun TV.
The series will star:
M.A.O as Papika, a mysterious girl who appears in front of Cocona. She's always bright and active, but sometimes that fearless personality of hers gets her in trouble.
Minami Takahashi as Cocona, a second-year middle school student who lives with her grandmother. She's an honor student who serves as the class representative. Because of her cautious personality, she's unable to step foot into new opportunities.
(from left in the image above)
- Ayaka Ohashi as Yayako, Cocona's childhood friend and classmate. Cocona relies on her for her cool and strong-minded personality.
- Airi Toshino as Yuyu, a mysterious elementary school student and Toto's younger twin sister.
- Sayaka Inoue as Toto, a mysterious elementary school student and Yuyu's older twin brother.
(from left in the image above)
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Soruto, an unreadable man who is collecting the "Shards of Mimi."
- Yōko Hikasa as Sayuri, an operator who, unlike Hidaka, is always worried about inventions.
- Jun Fukushima as Hidaka, a scientist who researches the "Shards of Mimi" and created the TT-392 and other inventions.
(from top left in the image above)
- Michiyo Murase as Yukusukyuru, Cocona's pet. It can grow and shrink and show various facial expressions. It likes small spaces.
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as TT-392, a robot seemingly created by Hidaka. It has various functions and is often used by Papika.
- Saori Ōnishi as sempai, a third-year at Cocona's school, and a member of the art club.
- Tamie Kubota as Cocona's grandmother, who lives with Cocona and watched her grow up.
The story is as follows:
How does the world look in your eyes? Papika and Cocona, the heroines of the story, hold the keys to open the door. When the two girls meet, their adventures in a different time and different overlapping dimension called "Pure Illusion" begin. Many things in Pure Illusion will stand in the girls' way on their search for the mysterious crystals called the "Shards of Mimi," items that are said to grant any wish. However, when the girls find themselves in danger, the Shards of Mimi shine, and they are able to transform.
Pure Illusionist is credited with the original work for the series. Kiyotaka Oshiyama (animation director for Space Dandy, Dennō Coil, Xam'd: Lost Memories) is directing the anime at Studio 3Hz (Celestial Method, Dimension W). Takashi Kojima (Your Lie in April, Kokoro Connect animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director, and tanu (original character design for Tari Tari, The Rolling Girls) is the conceptual artist. Infinite is producing the series.
TO-MAS feat. Chima is performing the ending theme song "FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP."
Thanks to Dennis R for the embedded video