Root Letter PS4/Vita Game Slated for November 1 in N. America, October 28 in Europe
posted on by Alex Mateo
British game distribution company PQube announced on Tuesday that Kadokawa Games' √Letter (pronounced "Root Letter") PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita mystery visual novel game ships on November 1 in North America and October 28 in Europe.
PQube's official YouTube account posted an English trailer:
PQube describes the story:
Taking place in Shimane, one of Japan's most beautiful prefectures, Root Letter is centered around an investigation into missing pen friend, Fumino Aya, 15 years after she allegedly murdered someone and ran away.
The story is told through the old letters she wrote to you in high school, along with you own investigation, as you probe for clues and witnesses from her old hometown.
What happened 15 years ago? Who was your pen friend? What do her friends know? Did she even exist?
The Pen Pal Edition contains:
- The standard version of √Letter on PS4 or PS Vita
- A premium artbook as released in Japan, but fully localized into English
- The official soundtrack
- Fumino Aya's letter and envelope set as featured in the game
- Minoboshi Taro Giclée Print on Hahnemuhle paper
- Fumino Aya handbag presentation box
The Pen Pal Edition is only available through Rice Digital's website. The U.S. PS Vita version retails for £59.99 (about US$77.79), and the U.S. PS4 version retails for £69.99 (about US$90.76).
The game shipped on June 16 in Japan, and it is the first in Kadokawa Games' newly established Kadokawa Game Mystery line. The game line features a number of recurring "actress" characters called Mystery Actresses, who will "play" different roles in each game.
The game stars:
- "Mystery Actress" Aya (voiced by Noriko Hidaka) as Aya Fumino
- Kikuko Inoue as Yukari Ishihara
- Keisuke Koumoto as Jun Ōmori
- Hyo-sei as Misaki Murakami
- Kazuhiro Sunseki as Shōta Nozawa
- Hiroshi Iwasaki as Kōsuke Tanaka (a.k.a Glasses)
- Shusaku Shirakawa as Masaya Watanabe
- Yumi Touma as Riko Sasaki
LovePlus character designer Tarō Minoboshi planned and designed the characters. Dario Fuji handled the scenario, while Takashi Nitta composed the music. Yoshimi Yasuda produced the game, and Zin Hasegawa directed the game.