Live-Action One Week Friends Film's 2 New Stills Show Yūki, Shōgo During Lunch Break
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The staff of the live-action film of Matcha Hazuki's One Week Friends (Isshūkan Friends) manga unveiled two new stills from the film last Friday. The stills portray Yūki and his close friend Shōgo as they discuss Kaori over lunch break.
The story of the manga revolves around Yūki, a boy who wants to become friends with his classmate and desk neighbor Kaori. However, she gently declines his friendship, saying, “But, my... memories of my friends disappear in a week...” Even so, Yūki wants to become her friend, and so the two become friends over and over again as the weeks pass.
Haruna Kawaguchi (Ouran High School Host Club, Say "I love you".) and Kento Yamazaki (Orange, Death Note, Your Lie in April) will play Kaori Fujimiya (seen left in photo below) and Yūki Hase (right), respectively.
The additional cast includes (clockwise from upper left):
- Shūhei Uesugi as Hajime Kujō, a transfer student who knows Kaori's past
- Haori Takahashi as Saki Yamagishi, Kaori and Yūki's classmate and Yūki's childhood friend
- Shigeyuki Totsugi as Jun Inoue, the homeroom teacher of Kaori and Yūki's class
- Masahiro Komoto as Takayuki, Kaori's father
- Seika Furuhata as Mayu Kondō, an original character for the film who is Kaori's friend from junior high
- Sayuri Kokusho as Shiho Fujimiya, Kaori's mother
Chōtokkyū band vocalist Takashi Matsuo additionally plays Shōgo Kiryū. Shōgo is the close friend of the male lead character Yūki Hase. Other cast members include Sairi Itō, Keisuke Okada, and Ryō Iwase in as-yet unspecified roles.
The film opens in Japan on February 18, 2017. Shōsuke Murakami (live-action Barefoot Gen, Water Boys, Akai Ito) is directing the film, while Yōko Izumisawa (Garo -Goldstorm- Shō) wrote the script.
Hazuki began the manga in 2012, and ended it in January 2015. Hazuki drew a special chapter for the manga in April 2015. Square Enix published the manga's seventh and final compiled book volume in April 2015.
Source: Comic Natalie