Live-Action Sakurada Reset Films' Additional Cast, Poster Visual Revealed
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The additional cast includes:
- Mariko Kaga (top left) as a witch who knows the future. She will only appear in the first movie.
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa (bottom left), as Masamune Urachi, the Sakurada City Administration Bureau task force's leader. He will only appear in the second movie.
(Top row, left to right):
- Rei Okamoto as Sasane Ukawa, an Administration Bureau member with the power to change objects
- Kenshirō Iwai as Yōsuke Sakagami, Kei's upperclassman with the power to copy abilities
- Yuka Yano as Mirai Minami, Kei and Haruki's classmate who survived an accident thanks to a "reset"
(Middle row, left to right):
- Makoto Okunaka as the witch in her younger days
- Hisashi Yoshizawa as Shintarō Tsushima, an Administration Bureau member and a teacher at Ashiharabashi High School, which both Kei and Haruki attend
- Tomomi Maruyama as Kagaya, an Administration Bureau member who can lock anything
(Bottom row, left to right):
- Arisa Nakajima as Sakuin, an Administration Bureau member that can ferret out any lie.
- Gorō Ōishi as Hiroyuki Sasano, who can go inside any photograph (first film only)
- Akiko Yagi as Yōko Asai, Kei's mother (second film only)
The first film will be subtitled "Kako o Torimodosu - Zenpen" (Take Back the Past - Part 1), and the second film will be subtitled "Mirai o Inoru - Kōhen" (Pray for the Future - Part 2). Both films will open in Japan within two months of each other next spring.
The previously announced cast includes:
- Yuina Kuroshima (top photo, left) as the female lead Misora Haruki
- Shūhei Nomura (top photo, right) as the male lead Kei Asai
- Yūna Taira as Sumire Sōma, a classmate who was dealt a tragedy during a "reset"
- Kentarō as guitar-playing and singing Tomoki Nakano
- Tina Tamashiro as Yōka Murase, who possesses super strength
- Yuri Tsunematsu as Eri Oka
The film's official website previously streamed a teaser for the film last month.
The novels' story is set in a town called Sakurada, where almost half the population possess some form of special powers. The story centers on two high school students. Kei Asai has the ability to perfectly remember anything he sees and hears, while Misora Haruki can turn back or "reset" time for a maximum of three days.
Both students are members of their school's "Service Club," which their town's administration bureau uses to observe people with powers and protect the peace. By using their powers together (Kei can remember things even when time has been reset), they solve cases for the club. Kei learns of the "MacGuffin" stone, which looks like a worthless black stone, but in reality will turn out to be the stone upon which the existence of Sakurada will hinge on.
Director Yoshihiro Fukugawa (Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, In His Chart) began shooting the films' two-month principal photography on September 17. Kei Haruna (live-action Erased, Aozora Yell) is producing the project, and the staff is aiming for a medium-sized release in about 200 theaters in Japan.
The books will also get a television anime that will air during the same timeframe as the films' screening. The project will also receive new manga and novel adaptations.
Kōno published the first novel in the series in 2009, and the seventh and final volume in 2012. You Shiina illustrated the series. Kōno also published six short stories, four of which are included in the fourth novel volume, and two of which appeared in the official website of The Sneaker magazine. Masahiko Yoshihara launched a manga adaptation of the novels' first volume in Kadokawa's Shōnen Ace magazine in 2010. Kadokawa published two compiled book volumes for the manga. Kadokawa began reprinting the novel series with new covers in September and is releasing one new volume per month.