Your Name English Dub Cast, Trailer Unveiled
posted on by Karen Ressler
The cast includes:
- Michael Sinterniklaas as Taki Tachibana
- Stephanie Sheh as Mitsuha Miyamizu
- Kyle Hebert as Katsuhiko Teshigawara
- Cassandra Morris as Sayaka Natori
- Ben Pronsky as Tsukasa Fujii
- Ray Chase as Shinta Takagi
- Catie Harvey as Yotsuha Miyamizu
- Scott Williams as Toshiki Miyamizu
- Michelle Ruff as Futaba Miyamizu
- Marc Diraison as Taki's Father
- H.D. Quinn as Teshigawara's Father
- Michelle Ruff as Teshigawara's Mother
- Katy Vaughn as Yukari Yukino
- Laura Post as Miki Okudera
- Glynis Ellis as Hitoha Miyamizu
Additional voices include Ray Chase, Kevin T. Collins, Marc Diraison, Ben Diskin, Erin Fitzgerald, Paige Fitzgerald, Sri Gordon, Wayne Grayson, Catie Harvey, Kyle Hebert, Eddy Lee, Cherami Leigh, Laura Post, Ben Pronsky, H.D. Quinn, Spencer Rosen, Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld, Michelle Ruff, Erica Schroeder, Kaiji Tang, Maki Terashima-Furuta, and Katy Vaughn.
The English dub staff includes:
- ADR Directors: Stephanie Sheh, Michael Sinterniklaas
- Additional ADR Director: Anthony Tortorici
- Casting Director: Stephanie Sheh
- English Script Adapter: Clark Cheng
- Recording engineers: Anthony Tortorici, Michael Schneider
- Production Coordinator: Clark Cheng
- Production Assistant: Anthony Tortorici
- Audio Mixer: Oscar Garcia
- Recording Studio: NYAV Post
Anime Limited will begin screening the film with both English subtitles and the English dub this month. FUNimation Entertainment is releasing the film in North America starting with an Oscar-qualifying theatrical run will take place from December 2-8 at Los Angeles' Laemmle Music Hall. Funimation is planning a broader theatrical release for the first quarter of 2017.
The film is the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in Japan, the fourth highest-grossing Japanese film in Japan, and the fourth highest-grossing anime film in Japan. The three highest-grossing Japanese films in Japan include Spirited Away (30.8 billion yen), Howl's Moving Castle (19.6 billion yen) and Princess Mononoke (19.3 billion yen). your name. is projected to possibly approach 20 billion yen (US$200 million).
The film's "story of miracles and love" revolves around Mitsuha and Taki. Mitsuha is a female high school student who lives in a rural town nestled deep in the mountains. Her father is the mayor and isn't at home much, and she lives with her elementary school-aged little sister and her grandmother. Mitsuha has an honest personality, but she doesn't like the customs of her family's Shinto shrine, nor does she like her father participating in an election campaign. She laments that she lives in a confined rural town, and yearns for the wonderful lifestyle of living in Tokyo.
Taki is a male high school student who lives in central Tokyo. He spends time with his friends, works part-time at an Italian restaurant, and is interested in architecture and fine arts. One day, Mitsuha has a dream where she is a young man. Taki also has a dream where he is a female high school student in a town in the mountains that he has never been to. What is the secret to their dreams of personal experience?