Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- Musical's Video Shows 'Music of the Spheres' Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official Youtube channel of the Sailor Moon franchise began streaming a video on Tuesday for Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal-, the fourth 20th-anniversary stage musical of Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga. The video shows the performance of the "Music of the Spheres" song performance.
Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- ran in October and November in Tokyo, Fukuoka, and Osaka. The DVD shipped on Wednesday.
The cast members of the five Inner Guardians in the play are new:
- Kaede as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Yume Takeuchi as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Hotaru Nomoto as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Karen Kobayashi as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Rimo Hasegawa as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
The following cast members returned from earlier Sailor Moon musicals:
- Syu Shiotsuki as Haruka Tenō/Sailor Uranus
- Sayaka Fujioka as Michiru Kaiō/Sailor Neptune
- Karin Takahashi as Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn
- Mikako Ishii as Setsuna Meiō/Sailor Pluto
- Airi Kanda as Chibi-Usa/Sailor Chibi Moon
- Yūga Yamato as Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba
All of the above cast members except Kanda are confirmed to appear in a Sailor Moon musical performance at Houston's Anime Matsuri this April. The one-hour performance is slated for April 7, and the cast will also host Q&A and autograph sessions and will participate in a tea party during the convention.
The cast replaced the main cast from Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Un Nouveau Voyage-, the third new stage play celebrating the manga's 20th anniversary. The former cast graduated after the third musical finished its run. Nomoto is the sixth actress to play the title character in a stage musical, including those who played Sailor Moon in the first string of productions that ran from 1993 to 2005.
Thanks to Craig Henry for the news tip about the Anime Matsuri performance date.