Made in Abyss Anime's 1st Promo Reveals Main Cast, Additional Staff
posted on by Karen Ressler
Kadokawa began streaming the first promotional video for the television anime of Akihito Tsukushi's Made in Abyss manga on Saturday. The video introduces the lead cast and additional staff members. The website also revealed a new key visual.
The newly announced staff members are as follows:
- Associate Director: Hitoshi Haga
- Assistant Director: Shinya Iino
- Script: Hideyuki Kurata, Keigo Koyanagi
- Monster Design: Kou Yoshinari
- Prop Design: Takeshi Takakura
- Art Director: Osamu Masuyama
- Background Art: Toshiki Nishi
- Color Design: Miyao Yamashita
- Director of Photography: Tsunetaka Ema (T2 Studio)
- Sound Director: Yō Yamada
- Music: Kevin Penkin
- Music Producer: Hiromitsu Iijima
- Music Production: Irma la Douce
The anime will premiere in July.
Masayuki Kojima (Black Bullet, Tibetan Dog) is directing the anime at the studio Kinema Citrus (Scorching Ping Pong Girls, Barakamon). Hideyuki Kurata (Samurai Flamenco, The World God Only Knows) is in charge of series composition, and Kazuchika Kise (Ghost in the Shell: Arise Alternative Architecture, xxxHOLiC) is designing the characters.
In the story, an enormous pit and cave system called the "Abyss" is the only unexplored place in the world. Strange and wonderful creatures reside in its depths, and it is full of precious relics that current humans are unable to make. The mysteries of the Abyss fascinate humans, and they head down to explore. The adventurers who venture into pit are known as "Cave Raiders." A little orphan girl named Rico lives in the town of Ōsu on the edge of the Abyss. Her dream is to become a Cave Raider like her mother and solve the mysteries of the cave system. One day, Rico starts exploring the caves and discovers a robot who resembles a human boy.