2nd Live-Action March comes in like a lion Film's Trailer Previews Theme Song
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action films based on Chika Umino's March comes in like a lion (Sangatsu no Lion) manga began streaming a trailer for the second film on Tuesday. The video previews the second film's theme song "Haru no Uta" by Sakura Fujiwara.
The second film will open in Japan on April 22.
The first film opened on March 18 on 294 screens ranked at #7 in the Japanese box office.
The cast includes (from left to right):
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Rei Kiriyama
- Kuranosuke Sasaki as Kai Shimada, a hard-working shōgi player from Yamagata prefecture
- Hideaki Ito as Masamune Gotō, a shōgi player with an intimidating face
- Ryo Kase as Tōji Sōya, the youngest shōgi Meijin-level player at 21 years old
- Kasumi Arimura as Kyōko Koda, Masachika's daughter who acts like a sister to Rei
- Etsushi Toyokawa as Masachika Kōda, Rei's foster father
- Kana Kurashina as Akari Kawamoto, the oldest of the Kawamoto sisters
- Kaya Kiyohara as Hinata Kawamoto, the middle child of the Kawamoto sisters
- Chise Niitsu as Momo Kawamoto, the youngest of the Kawamoto sisters
- Gin Maeda as Someji Kawamoto, the grandfather of the Kawamoto family
- Issei Takahashi as Takashi Hayashida, a teacher in Rei's school
- Ryō Iwamatsu as Takanori Jingūji, chairman of the Japan Shōgi Association
- Shigeru Saiki as Sakutarō Yanagihara, the oldest active A-rank shōgi player at 60 years old
- Tomoya Nakamura as Tatsuyuki "Sumisu" Misumi, one of Rei's seniors in shōgi
- Hiroyuki Onoue as Issa Matsumoto, one of Rei's seniors in shōgi
- Eita Okuno as Junkei Yamazaki, Rei's opponent in the beginner's match
- Masahiro Komoto as Manabu Yasui, a shōgi player who disturbs Rei's heart
- Yuka Itaya as Misaki, the aunt of the Kawamoto sisters, who watches over them
In addition, Shōta Sometani (seen below) plays the role of Harunobu Nikaidō in the films. Nikaidō is the self-proclaimed "rival" and "best friend" of protagonist Rei Kiriyama.
Boku no Lyric no Bōyomi performed the first film's theme song, "Be Noble."
The story of the March comes in like a lion manga follows a solitary shōgi player named Rei and his relationships with a neighboring family. He becomes acquainted with Akari, and two young girls, Hinata and Momo, who also have a large number of cats.
Umino started the series in Young Animal in 2007, and Hakusensha released the 12th compiled volume on September 29. The series has won several awards including the Manga Taisho award and Kodansha Manga award in 2011. The manga also won the 18th Tezuka Osamu Prizes' Top Award in March 2014.
A television anime adaptation of the manga recently finished airing in March. Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Bakemonogatari director Akiyuki Simbo directed the anime at SHAFT. The anime premiered on NHK in October. Daisuki and Crunchyroll both streamed the series as it aired in Japan, and Aniplex of America has licensed the series. A second anime series has been green-lit for an October premiere on the NHK -General channel.