Persona 5 Game Ships 1.5 Million Copies Worldwide
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The public relations department for the Persona franchise announced on Thursday that the Persona 5 PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 game has shipped more than 1.5 million copies worldwide. The game shipped in Japan on September 15 and in North America and Europe on Tuesday.
Atlus USA's Western release was delayed from its previous February 14 release date. However, the company is now offering the Japanese voice track as a free DLC, contrary to the original plan to release the game without a dual-language option.
The English dub cast includes:
- Xander Mobus as the protagonist
- Cassandra Morris as Morgana
- Max Mittelman as Ryuji Sakamoto
- Erika Harlacher as Ann Takamaki
- Matthew Mercer as Yusuke Kitagawa
- Cherami Leigh as Makoto Niijima
- Erica Lindbeck as Futaba Sakura
- Xanthe Huynh as Haru Okumura
- Robbie Daymond as Goro Akechi
The latest entry in the Persona role-playing game series is not planned for launch on PC or Nintendo Switch.
The game features animation sequences from the Production I.G studio.
The Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers- television anime special aired on September 3. The special recounts the prologue story of the young thief organization at the center of the game. Crunchyroll streamed the television special, and Aniplex of America released it on an import Blu-ray Disc of the Collector's Edition on February 14.