Miyazawa Kenji no Shotaku Live-Action Series' Cast Revealed
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website of the live-action series adaptation of Santa Uonome's Miyazawa Kenji no Shotaku (Kenji Miyazawa's Dining Table) manga revealed a poster visual and the cast for the series on Wednesday. The poster shows Ryōhei Suzuki in costume as Kenji Miyazawa.
The main cast includes (from left to right in bottom row of picture above):
- Misuzu Kanno as Ichi Miyazawa, Kenji's mother
- Ikusaburo Yamazaki as Katōji Fujiwara, Kenji's close friend
- Anna Ishibashi as Toshi, Kenji's younger sister
- Mikako Ichikawa as Yasu Sakurakōji, the elementary school teacher who is interested in Kenji
- Mitsuru Hirata as Seijirō Miyazawa, Kenji's father
Kenji Miyazawa is a famous Japanese author known for Night on the Galactic Railroad and other classics in children's literature. The story of the gourmet manga follows a young Miyazawa who recently left his wealthy family for Tokyo. He is tricked into returning home by his father. Once there, he learns to reconcile with his family through "sharing happiness" of the food he enjoyed in Tokyo.
The series runs in Shounengahosha's Omoide Shokudō (Memories Cafeteria) anthology. Uonome began the manga in 2014. Shounengahosha is releasing a compiled volume for the series on March 27.
Source: Comic Natalie