New Sailor Moon Musical Reveals More Cast, Visual
posted on by Jennifer Sherman
The official website for the Sailor Moon franchise announced more cast and revealed the main visual on Thursday for Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Le Mouvement Final-, the upcoming production in the Sailor Moon stage musicals. The website describes the musical as the "final chapter" of the Sailor Moon musicals, and it will conclude the story that began in the first new Sailor Moon musical in 2013.
The newly revealed cast members are:
- Meiku Harukawa as Kō Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter
- Riona Tatemichi as Kō Taiki/Sailor Star Maker
- Saki Matsuda as Kō Yaten/Sailor Star Healer
- Asami Okamura as Princess Kakyū
- Koko Isuzu as Sailor Galaxia
- Shion Aoki as Sailor Iron Mouse
- Miyu Hashigaki as Sailor Tin Nyanko
- Yuka Kobayashi as Sailor Aluminun Siren
- Iriya Yūto as Sailor Lead Crow
The new cast for the Inner Guardians that debuted in last year's Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- musical are returning for this new musical.
- Kaede as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Yume Takeuchi as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Hotaru Nomoto as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Karen Kobayashi as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Rimo Hasegawa as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- Syu Shiotsuki as Haruka Tenō/Sailor Uranus
- Sayaka Fujioka as MICHIRU Kaiō/Sailor Neptune
- Mirai as Hotaru Tomoe/Sailor Saturn
- Mikako Ishii as Setsuna Meiō/Sailor Pluto
- Airi Kanda as Chibi-Usa/Sailor Chibi Moon
- Yūga Yamato as Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba
The musical will run at the AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo venue from September 8-18. The musical will then run at the Ai Plaza Toyohashi venue in Aichi Prefecture from September 23-24, followed by Umeda Arts Theater's Theater Drama City venue in Osaka from September 29 to October 1. Regular ticket sales will begin on July 29. S seats will cost 8,800 yen (about US$79), and A seats will cost 6,800 yen (US$61). Tickets will be available for Sailor Guardians official fan club members before the regular ticket sales period.
Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal- ran in October and November in Tokyo, Fukuoka, and Osaka. A DVD with a filmed performance of the musical shipped on March 15.
The cast of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Amour Eternal-, except Kanda, appeared in a one-hour Sailor Moon musical performance at Houston's Anime Matsuri on April 7. The cast also hosted Q&A and autograph sessions and participated in a tea party during the convention.
The Inner Guardian cast for -Amour Eternal- replaced the main cast from Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon -Un Nouveau Voyage-, the third new stage play celebrating the manga's 20th anniversary. The former cast graduated after the third musical finished its run in 2015. Nomoto is the sixth actress to play the title character in a stage musical, including those who played Sailor Moon in the first string of productions that ran from 1993 to 2005.