Warriors All-Stars Game's Trailer, Story, Interaction Mechanics Unveiled
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Koei Tecmo America began streaming a new trailer and revealed the story and interaction mechanics for its Warriors All-Stars (Musou Stars) crossover game on Thursday. The trailer highlights the characters aligned to the Tamaki Clan.
Koei Tecmo America describes the game's story and interaction mechanics:
Summoned from a diverse range of worlds and time periods to save a mysterious land at the brink of destruction, the champions of Warriors All-Stars find themselves in the middle of a clash for control. When a magical power source dries up after the king's passing, princess Tamaki performs a ritual to summon saviors in times of dire need, but her power spirals out of control and scatters them across the domain. As the legend foretells that the land's liberator will be crowned its new ruler, Tamaki sets out at once to seek the new arrivals and restore peace to the kingdom. However, so do her rivals Setsuna and Shiki – descendants of the royal family who also vie for the throne. Uncertain of their fate, the champions are split into three separate groups with no choice but to duke it out for dominance.
Within this volatile setting, the player must choose their allies carefully. By engaging in Key Battles and taking on Free Scenarios, players will gain access to their faction's roster of warriors and craft a dream team. Character choices will affect the course and conclusion of the game, as their friendships are key to how the game's story unfolds, which is further enhanced with the addition of the all-new Bond system. Relationships between characters can improve by fighting alongside one another and spending time together in the Barracks. The closer the Bond, the stronger the abilities unlocked to gain an upper hand on the battlefield.
Koei Tecmo America will release the game in North America on PlayStation 4 and digitally for PC via Steam on August 29. Koei Tecmo Europe will release the game in Europe for the same platforms on September 1. The companies did not announce a Western release for the PlayStation Vita version of the game.
Those who pre-order Warriors All-Stars from Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop or EB Canada will receive costume DLCs and an early-unlock for the playable character Opoona.
The game is a crossover between KOEI Tecmo Games' various titles, and features the hack-and-slash gameplay of the Musou (Warriors) series, seen in such games as Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. KOEI Tecmo's Omega Force subsidiary developed the game.
Playable characters include:
- Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Ōka (Toukiden series)
- Sophie (Atelier series)
- Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Warriors series)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
- Hajime Arima (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de/Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time series)
- Kasumi (Dead or Alive series)
- Millennia (Kagero series)
- Plachta (Atelier series)
- Ishida Mitsunari (Samurai Warriors series)
- Wang Yuanji (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Horō (Toukiden series)
- Tamaki (original character)
- Shiki (original character)
- Setsuna (original character)
- Darius (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de/Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time series)
- Opoona (Opoona role-playing game)
- Marie Rose (Dead or Alive series)
- Honoka (Dead or Alive series)
- Rio (from Rio pachinko games and Rio - Rainbow Gate! anime)
- Zhou Cang (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Laegrinna (Deception IV: Blood Ties)
- Oda Nobunyaga (Samurai Cats/Nobunyaga no Yabō)
- Ii Naotora (Samurai Warriors series)
- Arnice (Nights of Azure series)
- Christophorus (Nights of Azure series)
- Ayane (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive series)
- Tokitsugu (Toukiden series)
- William (Nioh series)
After an initial delay, Musou Stars shipped in Japan for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on March 30.