News Exclusive: Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic Anime Film's English Video Highlights Ronald Knox
posted on 2017-06-01 12:00 EDT
Funimation began streaming an English-dubbed clip for its theatrical release of the Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic (Kuroshitsuji: Book of the Atlantic) anime film on Thursday. The video highlights the character Ronald Knox, played by Joel McDonald in the English dub.
Funimation will screen the film in Japanese with English subtitles on June 12, and with the English dub on June 14 in select theaters.
Funimation previously revealed some of the dub cast. The cast, in both the original Japanese and the English dub, includes:
- Daisuke Ono and J. Michael Tatum as Sebastian Michaelis
- Maaya Sakamoto and Brina Palencia as Ciel Phantomhive
- Yukari Tamura and Cherami Leigh as Elizabeth Midford
- Junichi Suwabe and John Swasey as Undertaker
- Jun Fukuyama and Daniel Fredrick as Grelle Sutcliff
- Kenn and Joel McDonald as Ronald Knox
- Noriaki Sugiyama and Barry Yandell as William T. Spears
- Takuma Terashima and Spike Spencer as Snake
- Hiroki Touchi and Ian Sinclair as Baldroy
- Yuuki Kaji and Jason Liebrecht as Finnian
- Emiri Katō as Mey-Rin
- Ryohei Kimura as Charles Grey
- Tomoaki Maeno as Charles Phipps
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Viscount of Druitt
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Edward Midford
- Kaito Ishikawa as Ryan Stoker
- Atsuko Tanaka as Francis Midford
- Jouji Nakata as Alexis Midford
Funimation describes the film:
Ciel Phantomhive and his demonic butler, Sebastian, are back! And this next case has Ciel and Sebastian treading some rough waters. Aboard the luxury liner Campania, the two investigate an illegal human experiment that involves resurrecting the dead. But the closer they get to the truth, the closer they are to their own deaths! Will this be their final case or will one hell of a butler keep them afloat?
The film opened in Japan on January 21.
The film adapts the "Gōka Kyakusen" (luxury liner) arc, which appeared in the 11th through 14th volumes of Yana Toboso's original Black Butler manga. The fifth Japanese stage musical adaptation of the manga is adapting the same story in an upcoming production.
Noriyuki Abe directed the anime at A-1 Pictures, and Hiroyuki Yoshino wrote the script. Minako Shiba designed the characters and served as chief animation director. Yasunori Mitsuda composed the music. The staff members all returned from the earlier Book of Circus and Book of Murder anime, and A-1 Pictures and Shiba have been involved in the franchise since the first Black Butler anime. SID performed the film's theme song "Glass no Hitomi" (Glass Eye).