News Love and Lies Anime's Trailer Unveils Opening Song, More of Cast
posted on 2017-06-13 05:36 EDT
The official website for the television anime of Musawo's Love and Lies (Koi to Uso) manga began streaming the anime's full trailer on Tuesday. The trailer previews the opening theme song "Kanashii Ureshii" (Sad and Happy) by the four-member rock band Frederic. It also unveils more additional cast members.
Musawo launched the manga in DeNA's MangaBox app in both English and Japanese in August 2014, and within a month, it ranked as the app's most popular work with 3.5 million viewers. MangaBox describes the series:
Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But in within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?
The tagline for the anime reads, "One day, we were informed of 'love.'"
The cast also includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Yukari Nejima
- Kana Hanazawa as Misaki Takasaki
- Yui Makino as Ririna Sanada
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Overlord's Peroroncino, Black Butler's Soma Asman Kadar) as Yūsuke Nisaka
Seiki Takuno (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Poco's Udon World, Sekkō Boys) is working with LIDEN FILMS again as the anime's director. Roys is performing the ending theme song "Can't you say." The other staff members include:
- Assistant Director: Fumiaki Usui
- Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
- Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Eriko Itō
- Art Setting: Hiroshi Izumi, Yukie Inose
- Art Director: Yukihiro Saitō
- Color design: Emiko Onodera
- Director of Photography: Hitoshi Tamura
- Editing: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Sound Effects: Eiko Morikawa
- Music: Masaru Yokoyama, Nobuaki Nobusawa
The anime's official website previously streamed a trailer for the anime last month.
The manga's compiled book volumes have frequently ranked on Oricon's weekly top 50 comic charts. Kodansha published the fifth volume in November, and will publish the sixth volume on June 9. Kodansha Comics announced in October that it has licensed the series for print, and plans to release the manga's first volume this summer.
A separate live-action film adaptation will open this fall. Unlike the manga, which focuses on a love triangle composed of one boy and two girls, the movie will have original characters, with a love traingle composed of one girl and two boys.
Source: Comic Natalie