Live-Action Love and Lies Film Reveals More of Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Yoshimi Tokui from comedy duo Tutorial plays the character Daisuke Yotsuya (left in picture below), Aoi's handsome uncle who works as a model. The picture below is used within the film's story as a still picture in a fashion magazine.
Other new cast members include (clockwise from upper left in image below):
- Nana Asakawa of the SUPER☆GiRLS idol group as Konatsu, Aoi and Yūto's classmate
- Momoko Tanabe as Akiho, another classmate
- Yōichi Nukumizu as an employee who works at a crepe shop that Aoi and Yūto frequent
- Hoka Kinoshita as Sōsuke's father, legally married by government assignment
- Hiroko Nakajima as Sōsuke's mother, legally married by government assignment
- Rieko Miura as Aoi's mother, legally married by government assignment
- Shōzō Endō of the Cocorico comedy duo as Aoi's father, legally married by government assignment
The site previously streamed a teaser for the film earlier this month.
The film is slated to open this fall.
The text in the above visual reads, "A world where love is forbidden, and the government chooses the ideal partner. One day, we were informed of 'love.'"
The cast includes (from left to right):
- Takumi Kitamura as Yūto Shiba, Aoi's childhood friend
- Aoi Morikawa as Aoi Nisaka, the heroine
- Kanta Satō as Sōsuke Takachiho, Aoi's designated marriage partner
Unlike the manga, which focuses on a love triangle composed of one boy and two girls, the movie will have original characters, with a love triangle composed of one girl and two boys.
Takeshi Furusawa (live-action Clover, Assassination Classroom, Another) is directing the film, and Erika Yoshida (Tiger & Bunny, Trickster) is penning the script.
Musawo launched the manga in DeNA's MangaBox app in both English and Japanese in August 2014, and within a month, it ranked as the app's most popular work with 3.5 million viewers. MangaBox describes the series:
Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But in within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?
The manga's compiled book volumes have frequently ranked on Oricon's weekly top 50 comic charts. Kodansha published the manga's sixth volume on June 9. Kodansha Comics announced in October that it has licensed the series for print, and plans to release the manga's first volume this summer. The manga is also inspiring a television anime by LIDEN FILMS that will premiere on July 3.
Source: Comic Natalie