Animax Asia to Air Simulcast of Love and Lies Anime
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Animax Asia began airing a commercial on Friday revealing that it will air a simulcast of the television anime of Musawo's Love and Lies (Koi to Uso) manga. The simulcast will begin on July 4, and will air every Tuesday at 10:00 p.m. GMT +8, with an encore broadcast on Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. GMT +8.
The anime premieres on July 3.
Musawo launched the manga in DeNA's MangaBox app in both English and Japanese in August 2014, and within a month, it ranked as the app's most popular work with 3.5 million viewers. MangaBox describes the series:
Lies are forbidden and love is doubly forbidden. In the near future, when young people in Japan turn sixteen, they are assigned a marriage partner by the government. People don't have to go through the trouble of looking for someone, and everyone accepts that the country will find a compatible partner to make them happy. Yukari Nejima is fifteen years old. He lives in a small corner of the country, and just can't seem to get ahead in life. Both academically and athletically he's below average. But in within him, he hides a heart burning with passion! In this world in which love is forbidden, what will happen to him when he falls in love?
The cast includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Yukari Nejima
- Kana Hanazawa as Misaki Takasaki
- Yui Makino as Ririna Sanada
- Shinnosuke Tachibana as Yūsuke Nisaka
- Kishō Taniyama as Hajime Yajima
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Kagetsu Ichijō
- Eri Kitamura as Narrator
Seiki Takuno (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, Poco's Udon World, Sekkō Boys) is working with LIDEN FILMS again as the anime's director. Four-member rock band Frederic is performing the opening theme song "Kanashii Ureshii" (Sad and Happy). Roys is performing the ending theme song "Can't you say." The other staff members include:
- Assistant Director: Fumiaki Usui
- Series Composition: Natsuko Takahashi
- Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Eriko Itō
- Art Setting: Hiroshi Izumi, Yukie Inose
- Art Director: Yukihiro Saitō
- Color design: Emiko Onodera
- Director of Photography: Hitoshi Tamura
- Editing: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Sound Effects: Eiko Morikawa
- Music: Masaru Yokoyama, Nobuaki Nobusawa
The manga's compiled book volumes have frequently ranked on Oricon's weekly top 50 comic charts. Kodansha published the sixth volume on June 9. A separate live-action film adaptation will open this fall. Unlike the manga, which focuses on a love triangle composed of one boy and two girls, the movie will have original characters, with a love traingle composed of one girl and two boys.