News Live-Action Tokyo Ghoul Film's Anime Expo Report Video Streamed
posted on 2017-07-15 06:30 EDT
Distributor Shochiku began streaming an Anime Expo report video on Saturday for the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film. The video features footage from the world premiere of the film at Anime Expo, fan reactions, and footage from the film itself.
Shochiku also began streaming a video on Friday for a Tokyo Ghoul AR shooting game collaboration with the BlippAR app. The app is available only for those who own the first manga volume and an MVTK movie ticket for the live-action film.
The film will open in Japan on July 29, and will also have 4DX screenings in Japan. Funimation has licensed the film and plans to release it theatrically in North America in Japanese with English subtitles. The film will get a release in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, Germany, Autstria, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, Korea, China, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom, and Ireland.
The cast includes:
- Masataka Kubota (live-action Death Note, Mars, Photo Braver 7 television series) as Ken Kaneki
- Fumika Shimizu as Tōka Kirishima
- Yuu Aoi (live-action Rurouni Kenshin's Megumi) as Rize Kamishiro
- EXILE's Nobuyuki Suzuki as Kōtarō Amon
- Yo Oizumi (voice of Layton in the Professor Layton series) as Kureo Mado
- Kunio Murai (live-action Nobunaga Concerto) as Kuzen Yoshimura
- Kenta Hamano (live-action Moteki) as Enji Koma
- Nozomi Sasaki (One Piece Film Z) as Kaya Irimi
- Shuntarō Yanagi (live-action Crows Explode) as Renji Yomo
- Hiyori Sakurada (live-action Nigakute Amai) as Hinami Fueguchi
- Shōko Aida (The Case of Hana & Alice) as Ryōko Fueguchi
- Kai Ogasawara as Hideyoshi "Hide" Nagachika
- Kabuki actor Minosuke Bandō as Uta
- Shunya Shiraishi as Nishio Nishiki
- Seika Furuhata as Yoriko Kosaka
- Tomoya Maeno as Ippei Kusaba
- Dankan as Hisashi Ogura
- Ryō Iwamatsu as Akihiro Kanō
Kentarō Hagiwara ("Super Star" short) directed the film, and the production shot principal photography from last July to September. Masanori Morikawa, a Christian Dada designer and a fan of the original manga, designed the masks and costumes of the ghouls in the film. Don Davis (The Matrix film trilogy) composed the film's music, and Nicholas Becker (Arrival, Zero Gravity, Batman Begins) was in charge of sound special effects. RADWIMPS band songwriter and guitarist Yōjirō Noda performed the theme song "Banka," under the name illion.