Seven Deadly Sins Anime Reveals New Season's January 2018 Premiere, Title, Cast, Staff, Visual, Trailer
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The staff of The Seven Deadly Sins anime franchise revealed at the "Nanatsu no Taizai FES" event in Tokyo on Sunday that the anime's new season is titled The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments (Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu), and it will premiere in January 2018.
The event also revealed the new anime's full staff, returning cast, and new cast.
The staff includes:
- Director: Takeshi Furuta
- Assistant Director: Tomoya Tanaka
- Series Composition: Takao Yoshioka
- Character Design: Kento Toya, Keigo Sasaki
- Prop Design: Haruo Miyagawa
- Color Design: Takahiro Mogi, Nanako Okazaki
- Art Director: Hiromichi Itou
- Art Setting: Iho Narita
- Director of Photography: Shunya Kimura
- CG Director: Suguru Karube
- Editing: Masahiro Gotō
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano, Takafumi Wada
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
- Production: A-1 Pictures
The returning cast includes:
- Yūki Kaji as Meliodas
- Sora Amamiya as Elizabeth
- Misaki Kuno as Hawk
- Aoi Yūki as Diane
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Ban
- Jun Fukuyama as King
- Yuuhei Takagi as Gowther
- Maaya Sakamoto as Merlin
- Mamoru Miyano as Gilthunder
- Ryohei Kimura as Hauser
- Takahiro Sakurai as Griamor
The new cast includes:
- Tomokazu Sugita as Escanor
- Rina Satou as Matrona
- Yūki Kaji as Zeldris
- Hiroki Touchi as Estarossa
- Hiroshi Iwasaki as Galand
- M.A.O as Melascula
- Daisuke Ono as Drole
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Gloxinia
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Monspeet
- Ayahi Takagaki as Derieri
- Kōji Yusa as Grayroad
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Fraudrin
Nakaba Suzuki launched the original manga in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 2012, and Kodansha published the manga's 27th volume in Japan on July 14. Crunchyroll is posting new chapters of the manga online as they appear in Japan. Kodansha Comics released the manga's 21st volume in print on July 11.
The manga inspired a 24-episode television anime series that aired in 2014 and 2015. Netflix later streamed the series with both English and Japanese audio, and Funimation released the series in two parts on home video.
A four-episode television anime special titled The Seven Deadly Sins -Signs of Holy War- then premiered in August 2016. Netflix began streaming the series in February.
The franchise also includes several spinoff manga, novels, OVAs, and video games. Bandai Namco Entertainment is developing The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (Nanatsu no Taizai: Britannia no Tabibito ) video game for the PlayStation 4, which is getting a release in the West in early 2018.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history