UQ Holder Anime Reveals Teaser Video, More Cast, Theme Song Artists
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The site also revealed the show's theme song artists, key visual, more cast, and broadcast channels on Friday.
The new cast members include:
The anime will premiere in October and will air on Tokyo MX, tvk, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, and BS11. Yuka Takakura, Yūki Hirose, Ai Kayano, Yui Ogura, Sayaka Harada, and Akari Kitō will perform the theme song "Happy ☆ Material."
The previously announced main cast includes:
- Yuka Takakura as Touta Konoe
- Yuki Matsuoka as Yukihime
- Yūki Hirose as Kurōmaru Tokisaka
- Rina Satou as Negi Springfield
- Ai Kayano as Kirie Sakurame
- Yui Ogura as Karin
- Yuri Shiratori as Sayo Aisaka
- Natsuko Kuwatani as Yue Ayase
- Akemi Kanda as Asuna Kagurazaka
- Akeno Watanabe as Chachamaru Karakuri
- Yui Horie as Makie Sasaki
- Miho Sakuma as Mana Tatsumiya
- Mamiko Noto as Nodoka Miyazaki
- Junko Minagawa as Ayaka Yukihiro
- Akira Ishida as Fate Averruncus
The manga is getting a separate upcoming original anime DVD (OAD). The OAD will be bundled with the manga's 14th volume on September 8. The OAD will show when Touta and 16-year-old Evangeline met, as well as an original episode about "naked friendship," starring Kurōmaru, Karin, and Kirie at the Senkyōkan inn's open-air bath.
UQ Holder! is set in the world of Akamatsu's Negima! Magister Negi Magi manga, and takes place years after the earlier manga. The story centers on a boy named Touta who dreams of leaving his small town and moving to the city. However, he must first defeat his teacher, the immortal Evangeline.
Youhei Suzuki (Urara Meirochō, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria) is directing the anime at J.C. Staff. Akamatsu himself is in charge of the series scripts alongside Shogo Yasukawa (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Alderamin on the Sky). Masahiro Fujii (Hayate the Combat Butler, The Familiar of Zero) is designing the characters, and EGG FIRM is producing the series.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history