Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Anime Reveals Promo Video, Theme Songs, October 8 Premiere
posted on 2017-09-06 14:05 EDT by Karen Ressler
The official website of the television anime of Yomi Hirasaka's Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. (It'd be Good if Only Little Sister Was Here) light novel series revealed the opening and ending theme song artists, first promotional video with animation, and broadcast information on Wednesday.
ChouCho is performing the opening theme song "Ashita no Kimi Sae Ireba Ii." (It'll be Good if Only You're Here Tomorrow), previewed in the video, and Aira Yuki is performing the ending theme song "Donna Hoshizora yori mo, Donna Omoide yori mo" (From Whatever Starry Sky, From Whatever Memory).
The cast is as includes:
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Itsuki Hashima, a little sister-crazy novelist seeking to create the perfect little sister
- Nozomi Yamamoto as Chihiro Hashima, Itsuki's perfect younger step-brother who has a secret
- Hisako Kanemoto as Nayuta Kani, a genius novelist who loves Itsuki
- Ai Kakuma as Miyako Shirakawa, a college student
- Satoshi Hino as Haruto Fuwa, Itsuki's handsome fellow writer who has a lot of worries
- Kousuke Toriumi as Kenjirō Toki
- Tsubasa Yonaga as Setsuna Ena
- Manami Numakura as Ashley Ōno
- Akane Fujita as Kaiko Mikuniyama
Shin Oonuma (Anne-Happy, WATAMOTE) is the supervising director and Jin Tamamura (Chivalry of a Failed Knight) is the series director at SILVER LINK. Original creator Hirasaka is handling the series composition and scripts. Sumie Kinoshita (Girlish Number) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Masanori Tsuchiya (Restaurant to Another World) is the sound director and Tomoki Kikuya (The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat.) is composing the music.
The story follows the everyday life of Itsuki, a novelist and "modern day Pygmalion" who works day in and day out to create the ultimate younger sister. He is surrounded by various other characters: a beautiful genius writer who loves him, his big-sisterly classmate from college, a fellow male writer, a sadistic tax accountant, and his editor. They're all looked after by Itsuki's perfect younger "step-brother," Chihiro, who has a big secret.
Hirasaka writes the novel series, and Kantoku (The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat.) provides the illustrations. The seventh volume shipped on May 18 with a special edition bundling a drama CD. Since 2015, Shogakukan's Gagaga Bunko imprint has published 850,000 copies of the light novel series' seven volumes.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history