Encore Films Posts Live-Action Ajin Film's Trailer Before Singapore Opening
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Singaporean film distributor Encore Films began streaming a Chinese- and English-subtitled trailer on Sunday for Ajin, the live-action film based on Gamon Sakurai's Ajin - Demi-Human manga. Encore Films will open the film in Singapore on Thursday.
The film is opened in Japan on September 30. The film earned 271,612,100 yen (about US$2.40 million) and sold 210,000 tickets over 341 screens in its opening weekend. The film is expected to earn 1.5 billion yen (about US$13 million).
The cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kei Nagai (center left)
- Gou Ayano as Satō (center right), the antagonist and member of an ajin terrorist group that wants to befriend Kei
Left column, top to bottom:
- Tetsuji Tamayama as Yū Tosaki, a member of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare and Ajin Control Commission
- Rina Kawaei as Izumi Shimomura, an ajin who is Tosaki's secretary and bodyguard
- Minami Hamabe as Eriko Nagai, Kei's younger sister
Right column, top to bottom:
- Yuu Shirota Kōji Tanaka, a member of an ajin terrorist group
- Yudai Chiba as Okuyama, a member of an ajin terrorist group
- Yūki Yamada as Takahashi, a member of an ajin terrorist group
Mamoru Miyano, the voice of Kei from the earlier anime series, voiced Kei's IBM (Invisible Black Matter) in the film.
The film's setting is Tokyo in 2017. In the film, Kei is a medical intern, with his age changed to match Satoh's.
Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass, Space Travelers, Bayside Shakedown) directed the film. The live-action film project invited the action filming team of the live-action Rurouni Kenshin films to work on the project. THE ORAL CIGARETTES (Noragami Aragoto, Sagrada Reset) performed the film's theme song "BLACK MEMORY."
In the original manga's story, an immortal first appeared on an African battlefield 17 years ago. Later, rare, unknown new immortal lifeforms began appearing among humans, and they became known as "Ajin" (demi-humans). Just before summer vacation, a Japanese high school student named Kei Nagai is instantly killed in a traffic accident on his way home from school. However, he is revived, and a price is placed on his head. Thus begins a boy's life on the run from all of humankind.
The manga already inspired a 3D CG anime film trilogy, two television anime seasons, and three original anime DVDs by Polygon Pictures.