News Leeds Film Festival Line-Up
posted on 2017-10-12 06:06 EDT by Andrew Osmond
The Leeds International Film Festival in November has announced its manga and anime-related screenings.
The "Animation Sunday" screenings on Sunday November 5 can be booked here, and will take place in the Victoria Hall. The programme includes:
- Masaaki Yuasa's Lu Over the Wall at 11 a.m.;
- Mutafakaz (pictured above), a Japan-France co-production between Studio 4°C and the French videogame and comics publisher Ankama, at 6.15 p.m.;
and Satoshi Kon's Perfect Blue at 8 p.m.
The "Animation Sunday" screenings also include two non-anime films: Big Fish & Begonia, a fantasy from China, at 1.30 pm., and The Breadwinner, an Irish-animated film set in Afghanistan under the Taliban, at 4 p.m.
The Film Festival will also have individual screenings of Perfect Blue on Wednesday November 8 at 1.15 p.m. at Victoria Hall; Mutafukaz on Wednesday November 8 at 6 p.m. at Victoria Hall; and Lu Over the Wall on Saturday November 11 at Hyde Park.
The "Manga Movie Marathon" screenings on Sunday November 12 can be booked here, and will take place in Victoria Hall. The programme includes:
- the live-action version of Tokyo Ghoul (pictured right), directed by Kentaro Hagiwara, at 1.45 p.m.
- the live-action film JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, directed by Takashi Miike, at 4.30 p.m.;
- the live-action version of Blade of the Immortal, directed by Takashi Miike, at 7.30 p.m.
The 'Manga Movie Marathon" will also include another Takashi Miike film, The Mole Song: Hong Kong Capriccio, at 11 a.m.
There will be an additional screening of the live-action Blade of the Immortal on Wednesday November 15 at 3 p.m., also in Victoria Hall.