News Closers Online Game Changes Japanese Cast 'With Consideration for Anime Project'
posted on 2017-10-19 17:15 EDT by Karen Ressler
The official Japanese website for the Closers Online multiplayer online role-playing game announced a cast change for the Japanese version on Thursday to "accompany consideration of a Closers anime project." The new cast is as follows:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Haruto Kaguragi (previously Nobunaga Shimazaki)
- Hiromi Igarashi as Mikoto Amamiya (previously Aoi Yūki)
- Kaede Hondo as Yuri Masuma (previously Nao Tōyama)
- Hidenori Takahashi as J (previously Tomokazu Sugita)
- Yūki Takada as Mistilteinn (previously Minami Tsuda)
- Kōtarō Nishiyama as Slash (previously Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Yūki Kuwahara as Haapii (previously Yu Shimamura)
- Ari Ozawa as Revia (previously Ai Kayano)
The South Korean website has not made any similar announcements.
Sega localized the game for Japan and began beta tests in August 2015, but Taiwanese publisher HappyTuk took over the Japanese publication earlier this year. All previous cast announcements were made while Sega was still publishing the game.
Naddic Games developed Closers Online and Nexon published it in South Korea in December 2014. En Masse Entertainment is currently holding alpha tests for an English-language version.
The game is set in Seoul, after the opening of a dimensional portal leads to disastrous attacks by monsters. Players control a team of "Closers," psychic soldiers adept at fighting the monsters and closing the interdimensional gates.
Animation studio SILVER LINK animated a promotional video in 2015.