HIDIVE to Stream Haikyu!! Anime's English Dub
posted on by Karen Ressler
Anime streaming service HIDIVE announced on Wednesday that it will stream the English dub of the Haikyu!! anime. The service will add new episodes every Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. EST starting on November 14.
The cast includes:
- Bryson Baugus as Shoyo Hinata
- Scott Gibbs as Tobio Kageyama
- Greg Cote as Ryunosuke Tanaka
- Justin Doran as Daichi Sawamura
- Adam Gibbs as Koshi Sugawara
- Greg Ayres as Yu Nishinoya
- Leraldo Anzaldua as Kei Tsukishima
- Orlanders Jones as Asahi Azumane
- David Wald as Coach Keishin Ukai
- Gareth West as Asst. Coach Ittetsu Takeda
- Rebekah Stevens as Mgr. Kiyoko Shimizu
- Clint Bickham as Kenma Kozuma
- Andrew Love as Teketoro Yamamoto
- Ty Mahany as Tetsuro Kuroo
- Joel McCray as Nobuyuki Kai
- Matthew Carter as Shohei Fukunaga
- Joe Daniels as So Inuoka
- Santri Rush as Yuki Shibayama
- John Swasey as Coach Nekomata
- Courtland Johnson as Yasushi Kamasaki
- Patrick Poole as Kaname Moniwa
- Gabriel Regojo as Takehito Sasaya
- Mark Ivy as Kenji Futakuchi
- Mike Haimoto as Takanobu Aone
- Philip Hayes as Coach Takuro Oiwake
- Chris Patton as Toru Oikawa
- Paul Locklear as Issei Matsukawa
- Jack Ivy as Takahiro Hanamaki
- Benjamin McLaughlin as Hajime Iwaizumi
- Jeremy Gee as Shigeru Yahaba
- Blake Jackson as Shinji Watari
- David Matranga as Yutaro Kindaichi
- Mark X Laskowski as Akira Kunimi
- John Gremillion as Coach Noburteru Irihata
Kyle Colby Jones is directing the dub, and Shannon Reed and John Swasey are assistant directors. Katelyn Barr and Jones are ADR writers for the dub.
Sentai Filmworks will release the first season on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 14. The Premium Box Set will bundle art cards, a booklet, trading cards, a pin set, and an exclusive token and retail for US$129.99. The Blu-ray Disc Complete Collection will cost US$64.99, and the DVD Complete Collection will retail for US$51.99.
The company will release the second season on home video on January 16. Both seasons are available for pre-order now.
Sentai Filmworks describes the story of the first season:
Shoyo Hinata isn't a large guy, but he's got huge ambitions: to become the next big thing in high school volleyball. Unfortunately, his junior high team was trashed in their first and only match. But now that he's enrolled in a high school with a top volleyball program, things are going to be different. There's just one problem: Tobio Kageyama, whose team beat Hinata's and is already considered a star player, is attending the same school. Can a kid out of nowhere hold his own against the King of the Court? Or could the rivalry and competition actually be the best thing for both of them? Get ready for a knock-down, throw-down, ultimate showdown barrage of volleys, spikes, and blocks as two rivals face off in HAIKYU!!
Production I.G's anime adaptation of Furudate's volleyball manga premiered in April 2014. The second season of the anime premiered in October 2015, and third season premiered in October 2016. Crunchyroll streamed all three seasons as they aired in Japan, and Sentai Filmworks has licensed all three seasons. The company released the first season in Japanese with English subtitles on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in 2015.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history