Bleach, Nisekoi, Beelzebub, Toriko, More Creators to Pen 1-Shots for Shonen Jump
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The first 2018 issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine revealed on Monday that, to commemorate the magazine's 50th anniversary in 2018, the magazine will publish new one-shot manga by well-known manga creators.
The issue revealed that the following creators will publish one-shots in 2018 issues:
- Nisioisin (Monogatari series, Medaka Box) and Mizuki Kawashita (Ichigo 100%), one-shot in the combined second and third issue on December 11. The "mysterious story" is titled "Part Threes."
- Naoshi Komi (Nisekoi), one-shot in the sixth issue on January 4
- Tite Kubo (Bleach)
- Kyosuke Usuta (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar)
- Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro (Toriko)
- Ryūhei Tamura (Beelzebub, Hungry Marie)
- Hiroshi Shiibashi (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan)
The magazine teased that it will also feature one-shots by other famed manga creators.
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the magazine, the spine on each 2018 issue of the magazine will feature a throwback logo from previous years. For example, the 2018 first issue featured a spine logo from 1968, and the second and third combined issue will feature a spine logo from 1969.