News Mazinger Z: Infinity Opens With Fan Screening in Malaysia on February 24
posted on 2017-12-13 06:30 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Odex announced on Tuesday that it will open the Gekijōban Mazinger Z / Infinity (Movie Version Mazinger Z: Infinity) film in Malaysia with a fan screening on February 24, and a general opening on March 1.
It will also screen the film in Singapore and Indonesia.
The cast includes:
- Showtaro Morikubo as Koji Kabuto, the original protagonist of the first Mazinger Z anime, who has now retired from fighting and become a researcher.
- Ai Kayano as Sayaka Yumi, the new head of the Photon Research Laboratory, and the story's heroine
- Sumire Uesaka as Lisa, a mysterious girl who holds the key to the story
- Natsuki Hanae as Shiro Kabuto, a gifted young pilot, and Koji's brother
- Wataru Takagi as Boss, Koji's old comrade-in-arms, and a reliable friend
- Kappei Yamaguchi as Mucha, one of Boss' henchmen
- Masami Kikuchi as Nuke, one of Boss' henchmen
- Junpei Morita as Prime Minister Yumi, Japan's prime minister, and Sayaka's father
- Bin Shimada as Dr. Nossori, a very slow scientist
- Kōzō Shioya as Dr. Sewashi, a scientist who loves research
- Unshō Ishizuka as Dr. Hell, a brilliant but evil scientist hellbent on world domination
- Hiroyuki Miyasako and Romi Park as Baron Ashura
- Toshihiko Seki as Tetsuya Tsurugi, a hero who fought alongside Koji Kabuto to save mankind
- Ami Koshimizu as Jun Honoo, a soldier who once fought alongside Tetsuya, and is now married and pregnant with his child
- Keiji Fujiwara as Count Brocken, a faithful minion of Dr. Hell, who joined his plans for world domination
- Azusa Tadokoro, Miku Itō, Yui P, and Okarina as the Mazin-Girls, the Combined Army's fighting idols
Hiroya Ishimaru and Minori Matsushima, the voice of Koji Kabuto and Sayaka Yumi in the original anime, will also have roles in the film. Additionally, characters from the Great Mazinger anime and the Great Mazinger robot itself will also appear in the film.
Toei Animation describes the completely original story:
Humanity was once in danger of its downfall at the hands of the Underground Empire, which was led by the evil scientist Dr. Hell. Koji Kabuto piloted the super robot Mazinger Z, and with help from his friends at the Photon Power Laboratory, he thwarted Dr. Hell's evil ambitions and returned peace to the world.
It's been ten years since then... No longer a pilot, Koji Kabuto has taken after his father and grandfather by starting down the path of the scientist. He encounters a gigantic structure buried deep beneath Mt. Fuji, along with a mysterious indication of life...
New encounters, new threats, and a new fate await mankind. The former hero Koji Kabuto has a decision to make about the future: whether to be a god or a demon...
This grand action film depicts the fierce battle fought by the people and Mazinger Z--once again entrusted with the future of mankind!
Junji Shimizu (One Piece: Episode of Chopper - The Miracle Winter Cherry Blossom, Precure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi) is directing off a script by ume's Takahiro Ozawa (Tokyo Toy Box, Steves). Takayuki Yanase (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00) is drafting the mechanic designs, and Hiroya Iijima (Afro Samurai) is designing the characters. Green's Makoto Ujiie (Gundam franchise, EUREKA SEVEN AO) is handling the background art, and Yō Nakano is serving as assistant director.
Kouji Kikkawa is performing the film's ending theme song "The Last Letter."
Toshiyuki Watanabe (Space Brothers, Ginga Hyōryū Vifam, The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Ginga Kikōtai Majestic Prince) is composing the film's music. Watanabe's father, composer Michiaki Watanabe, composed the music for Mazinger Z and its movies, and Great Mazinger and its movies.
The film is commemorating the 45th anniversary of the original Mazinger Z manga and television anime series. Toei Animation is producing the project, and Toei will distribute the film.