Magical Girl Site Anime Reveals Cast, Song Artists, April Debut
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
This year's ninth issue of Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine is revealing the cast, theme song artists, and April premiere of the television anime of Kentarō Satō's Magical Girl Site (Mahō Shōjo Site) manga on Thursday. The magazine also revealed a new visual. The anime's cast includes:
- Yūko Ōno as Aya Asagiri, the main character who always wishes she was dead
- Himika Akaneya as Tsuyuno Yatsumura, Aya's classmate who possesses a wand that can stop time
- Aina Suzuki as Rina Shioi, a former information broker who pursues the mystery of the Magical Girl Site
- Yū Serizawa as Nijimi Anazawa, the center of the nationally popular "Inuasobi" idol group
- Haruka Yamazaki as Sarina Shizukume, the leader of the group that bullies Aya
The anime will premiere on the Animeism block of MBS, TBS, and BS-TBS in April, and it will also stream on Amazon Prime Video. The anime will get a special television program on March 18 that will feature Ōno and Akaneya.
The anime will have 12 episodes.
Tadahito Matsubayashi (Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto) is directing the anime at production doA, and Takayo Ikami (Yuri Kuma Arashi, Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-) is in charge of the series scripts.
Satō launched the horror manga on the Champion Tap! manga website in July 2013, before moving it to Weekly Shōnen Champion last September. Akita Shoten published the manga's eighth compiled book volume on January 5. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the manga and released the manga's fourth volume in English last December.
Satō launched the Magical Girl Apocalypse manga in Bessatsu Shōnen Champion's first issue in June 2012, and ended it last August. Akita Shoten published the manga's 16th and final compiled book volume last September. Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing the manga in English.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history