News Mary and The Witch's Flower, Ghibli Films Return to U.S. Theaters (Update)
posted on 2018-02-06 11:15 EST
Ticketing service Fandango and various United States theater chains are listing new screenings for Studio Ponoc and Hiromasa Yonebayashi's Mary and The Witch's Flower anime film on February 24 and 26. The film will screen with an English dub on February 24 and with English subtitles on February 26.
Fandango and the theater chains are also listing a new Studio Ghibli Fest 2018 event by GKIDS and Fathom Events. The films will screen both with an English dub and with English subtitles. Each film will screen on three days on the following dates:
- Ponyo: March 25, 26, 28
- The Cat Returns: April 22, 23, 25
- Porco Rosso: May 20, 21, 23
- Pom Poko: June 17, 18, 20
- Princess Mononoke: July 22, 23, 25
- Grave of the Fireflies: August 12, 13, 15
- My Neighbor Totoro: September 30, October 1, October 3
- Spirited Away: October 28, 29, 30
- Castle in the Sky: November 18, 19, 20
Mary and The Witch's Flower opened in Japan last July and has earned 3 billion yen (US$28 million). The home video release is slated for March 20 in Japan. GKIDS and Fathom Events opened the anime in U.S. theaters on January 18. The film had earned US$1,497,483 as of January 21.
Update: Grave of the Fireflies added. Thanks, nixice.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history