News Kodansha Launches 'Comic Days' App, Online Service for 6 Manga Magazines
posted on 2018-02-11 10:00 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The new app and service will allow readers to access manga from six of Kodansha's magazines aimed at men and women: Young Magazine, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Kiss, and Be Love. The app will feature manga currently serialized in these magazines, compiled volumes of manga, and previous popular manga published in the magazines.
The service will also feature new manga exclusive to the service, including:
- The Fable by Katsuhisa Minami (a spinoff of the manga of the same name)
- Yurutto Hunter Wantan-chan by Atsushi Nakayama
- Saisei ☆ Sentai Holymen by Shining Nakamura
- Kiseijū Libacy by Moare Ōta
- Murderball by Keisuke Hiya
- Degauser by Jun Watanabe
- Mijuku na Futari de Gozaimasu ka by Ren Kawahara
- Minna no Uta by Shunjū Aono
The app features a subscription service that costs 720 yen (about US$6.60) per month, although the first month is free.
While the app will officially launch on March 1, between February 15-28, the web version of the service will feature works from the six magazines available for free as part of a pre-launch campaign.