Kaa-san ga Donna ni Boku o Kirai Demo Autobiographical Coming-Out Manga Gets Live-Action Film
posted on 2018-03-14 02:50 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
A live-action film adaptation of Taiji Utagawa's Kaa-san ga Donna ni Boku o Kirai Demo (No Matter How Much My Mother Hates Me) autobiographical manga has been green-lit for this fall. Osamu Minorikawa (Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship) is directing the film.
In the autobiographical comic essay, Utagawa tells the story of their childhood, suffering abuse from their mother after coming out as gay.
- Win Morisaki as Kimitsu, Taiji's friend
- Shunya Shiraishi as the leader
- Mika Akizuki as Kana
- Harutomo Koyama as Taiji (Child)
- Yōichirō Saitō as Taiji's father
- Hana Kino as the old woman, a central figure in Taiji's life
Source: Comic Natalie
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history