Legend of the Galactic Heroes TV Anime's 2nd Promo Video Introduces Cast
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The anime stars:
- Mamoru Miyano as Reinhard von Lohengramm
- Yuichiro Umehara as Siegfried Kircheis
- Junichi Suwabe as Paul von Oberstein
- Daisuke Ono as Wolfgang Mittermeyer
- Yūichi Nakamura as Oskar von Reuenthal
- Unshō Ishizuka as Willibard Joachim von Merkatz
- Kiyomitsu Mizuuchi as Staden
- Takahiro Fujiwara as Fogel
- Naomi Kusumi as Erlache
- Ryota Takeuchi as Adalbert von Fahrenheit
Free Planets Alliance
- Kenichi Suzumura as Yang Wen-li
- Yuuki Kaji as Julian Mintz
- Tokuyoshi Kawashima as Alex Cazerne
- Shinichiro Miki as Walter von Schönkopf
- Shinya Fukumatsu as Paetta
- Kosuke Meguro as Pastolle
- Tooru Sakurai as Moore
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Lao
- Yuuki Ono as Jean Robert Lapp
- Aya Endo will as Frederica Greenhill
- Yoshimitsu Shimoyama as Narrator
The anime will premiere on the Family Gekijo channel on April 3 at 9:00 p.m. (8:00 a.m. EDT). The show will then air on Tokyo MX on April 5 at 10:30 p.m., and on MBS and BS11 on April 7 at 26:38 and 25:30 (effectively April 8 morning at 2:38 a.m. and 1:30 a.m.), respectively. Crunchyroll will stream the series with subtitles, and Funimation will stream the series with an English dub.
The first season, The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Kaikō (The New Thesis: Star-Crossed), will air as a 12-episode series. The event screenings of the second "season," The Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War), will then play in theaters, as three films of four episodes each, in 2019.
Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko's Basketball, Starmyu) is directing the anime at Production I.G. Noboru Takagi (Durarara!!, Kuroko's Basketball) is in charge of the series scripts. Yoko Kikuchi (Junjō Romantica, Kuroko's Basketball, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi - The World's Greatest First Love), Iwao Teraoka (The Brave Police J-Decker guest character designs, Kuroko's Basketball storyboarder), and Katsura Tsushima (Kuroko's Basketball episode animation director) are designing the characters, and Takayuki Goto (Kuroko's Basketball, Blood-C) is serving as chief animation director.
Atsushi Takeuchi (Napping Princess) is directing the special effects, and Atsushi Takeuchi (Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Yukikaze), Shinji Usui (009 Re:Cyborg), and Shinobu Tsuneki (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Psycho-Pass) are drafting the mecha designs with original mecha designs by Naoyuki Kato (The Legend of the Galactic Heroes novel illustrations, Starship Troopers). Tanaka's Wright Staff management firm is supervising the project, and Kitty Entertainment is collaborating on the planning. Tokuma Shoten is collaborating on the production, and DMM pictures is collaborating on producing with Shochiku and Production I.G.
Composer Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Re:Creators) is composing the opening theme song "Binary Star" as part of his SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] project, and Uru (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, live-action Kounodori) is providing the vocals. ELISA (The World God Only Knows, A Certain Scientific Railgun) is performing the ending theme song "Wish."